Alexander Radulov

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Will have to change. If he doesn't, he'll get crushed in the NHL. He has an Avery-like cockyness, and celebrates every goal, taunting his opponents. When things go badly, he's the first to jump on his teammates, yelling after them. This doesn't fit the description of a Predator.

He's the most dominant player I've seen in the QMJHL since Luongo, and there have been some greats. I just wonder how much his attitude will drag him back.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
insider said:
Will have to change. If he doesn't, he'll get crushed in the NHL. He has an Avery-like cockyness, and celebrates every goal, taunting his opponents. When things go badly, he's the first to jump on his teammates, yelling after them. This doesn't fit the description of a Predator.

He's the most dominant player I've seen in the QMJHL since Luongo, and there have been some greats. I just wonder how much his attitude will drag him back.

Crosby :sarcasm:

i'm remenber also lecavalier,richard,ribeiro,Rosa.... many player dominate

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
insider said:

Its better to have to tame a player than to have to wake him up. IMO thats one of the great things about him and that chip on his shoulder is why I think he'll be a very good player. That being said he does have to tone it down a little. Overall I don't think he's that bad so I think he'll find a common ground in the long run.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
gars59 said:
Crosby :sarcasm:

i'm remenber also lecavalier,richard,ribeiro,Rosa.... many player dominate

Crosby never dominated like Radulov does... again, my point of view. Crosby scored 1 assist in Bathurst in 2 seasons. Only close ones were Pominville and Gamache. Lecavalier, Rosa came after Luongo. Ribeiro wasn't that dominant

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
insider said:

Nothing's wrong with that. He have a great attitude actually. It's GREAT to see a russian caring as much in the CHL. He's not dirty at all so any Avery comparaison does'nt stand. He's much more like Ovechkin as far as the attitude goes.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Beatnik said:
Nothing's wrong with that. He have a great attitude actually. It's GREAT to see a russian caring as much in the CHL. He's not dirty at all so any Avery comparaison does'nt stand. He's much more like Ovechkin as far as the attitude goes.

Not really. You had to be in Bathurst for game 6. He lost control on the bench, yelling after linemates, even after Pat Roy. Passion is great. But be careful for the over-passionate. Avery comparisons were for the swordman-celebrations in front of the opposing bench.

Also will get killed in the NHL for his flops :sarcasm: .

kostybros

Oct 28, 2005
Qc city
insider said:
Not really. You had to be in Bathurst for game 6. He lost control on the bench, yelling after linemates, even after Pat Roy. Passion is great. But be careful for the over-passionate. Avery comparisons were for the swordman-celebrations in front of the opposing bench.

Also will get killed in the NHL for his flops :sarcasm: .
The guy has the passion for the game, he does everything he can to win, to shake his teammates, he's a winner.
every time someone has succces,there will always be losers to bring him down.
to celebrate after a goal? it's a good thing IMO because it means it's important to you to contribute to the succes of your team.

By the way, Raduov will get at least 70pts next year(maybe more) from what i've seen of him.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
insider said:
Crosby never dominated like Radulov does... again, my point of view. Crosby scored 1 assist in Bathurst in 2 seasons. Only close ones were Pominville and Gamache. Lecavalier, Rosa came after Luongo. Ribeiro wasn't that dominant

You cant judge Crosby based on how he played IN ONLY ONE RINK.

Crosby was much more dominant. He basically took a good team and swept them through the playoffs.

Radulov is good...but not on Sid's level.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
This post is ridiculous i've seen a lot of Radulov and he isin't the most dominant since Luongo at all and it dont say this to kock on him , i think he's the real deal : He got some nice quality like the desire to win and the passion for the game . Calling him Avery-type is laughable . I don't think the Nashville Predators are worried one bit.

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
Lots of players celebrate after every goal. And some players become unpopular over it, but they rarely get "killed". Kovalchuk, for example, generates enemies with his taunting and poor sportsmanship, but although he fights occasionally he does okay. So will Radulov, assuming that's a valid comparison.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
His attitude was the knock on Radulov when he was drafted (which is why he fell) The Predators actually need someone with his desire as they are a little bland at times.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
after watching a playoffs in which the entire team seemed complacent and willing to lose...

...from the sound of it, Radulov is just what the doctor ordered.

I expect him to "pay his dues" like Weber did in the minors...when all along everyone knew that Weber was too good for the AHL...and was duly called up to finish out the season at the first opportunity. I see a similar path for Radulov.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I saw highlights from the Remparts/Titan series which was completed last week, and I also thought that Radulov should tone his celebrations down a little.

After every goal he scored in game 7 (8-1 win for the Remparts), it seemed like he went near the Titan bench and twirled his stick while shouting something, and this was in a blowout game. I think part of the reason that this happens is because the Remparts are an arrogant team, and have had a swagger all year. They are coached by Patrick Roy, who has had several incidents this season where he failed to keep his emotions in check (the argument with Martel, etc...). Of course, it's obvious that Radulov will tone down that behaviour once he starts playing professional hockey, but I think the whole arrogant culture thats developing with the Remparts has contributed to his antics.

I'm cheering for the Remparts for sure. It's just something that I observed.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i think he'll calm that down a little with some maturity, but i hope not too much. i love that kind of player....and apparently the fans do in quebec, as well.

he comes out like some kind of superhero, to a building chanting "RADU! RADU! RADU!"

THat kind of thing will help to feed an ego.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
I commented on this on the Preds board, and while he is quite excessive in his celebration in the Q, I cannot see him doing this in the NHL. He didn't do it during the NHL preseason or during practice. I think the presence of veteran leadership subdues him quite a bit. He's going to get manhandled by Shea Weber or Scott Walker the very first time he attempts to avoid all his teammates and skate to the opposite end of the ice following a goal. I think the biggest impediment that he'll have is from his teammates and not an opposing player.

Personally, and this was mentioned previously, I'd much rather him show this level of passion than to be a flatliner. His celebrations will be toned down dramatically in the NHL, of that I have no doubt. But the passion with which he plays is something that the Predators could sorely use. There are lots of players with as much talent as Radulov, but what makes Preds management drool is that only a handful actually have the same level of passion and desire that he does.

Bégin is the bestest*

i agree that Radulov seem to over celebrates his goals in the LHJMQ, but he'll grow up when he'll play in the NHL.

and GO REMPARTS GO!!!

gimzo23

Jan 5, 2006
insider said:

I wonder how Crosby would have dominated the Q as a 18 or 19-year old :amazed:

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
Tricolore#20 said:
I saw highlights from the Remparts/Titan series which was completed last week, and I also thought that Radulov should tone his celebrations down a little.

After every goal he scored in game 7 (8-1 win for the Remparts), it seemed like he went near the Titan bench and twirled his stick while shouting something, and this was in a blowout game. I think part of the reason that this happens is because the Remparts are an arrogant team, and have had a swagger all year. They are coached by Patrick Roy, who has had several incidents this season where he failed to keep his emotions in check (the argument with Martel, etc...). Of course, it's obvious that Radulov will tone down that behaviour once he starts playing professional hockey, but I think the whole arrogant culture thats developing with the Remparts has contributed to his antics.

I'm cheering for the Remparts for sure. It's just something that I observed.

[IMAGE]http://page.infinit.net/nantal/But_Radulov.gif[/IMAGE]

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Chootoi said:
[IMAGE]http://page.infinit.net/nantal/But_Radulov.gif[/IMAGE]

yes thats the one. very unclassy to do that in a blowout, when the other team is being eliminated.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
insider said:
yes thats the one. very unclassy to do that in a blowout, when the other team is being eliminated.

Was that goal in response to Petr Pohl, who had taunted Rads and Quebec with a goal earlier in the series?

Radulov seemed exceedingly happy during his goals after Pohl's display, according to some local Remparts fans.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
That's a sweet celebration, I'm going to have to do that sometime.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
You know, he'd really better tone that down. The NHL chews up and spits out cocky kids like that.

i mean, Kovalchuk and Ovechkin had similar attitudes, and they got a DOSE OF MEDICINE when they got to the bigs and received their comeupp--

nevermind :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->