Alexander Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Овечкин will not go to Finland

In the first period of a companionable meeting with "молодежкой" (November, 4) Alexander Ovechkin attacking to modular Russia because of a strong bruise has left from ice in the first period. And to finish a match any more could not.
As the general manager of our national command(team) Alexey Kasatonov has informed, for this reason Sashа in structure of the Russian combined team on the next stage of Euroround to Finland will not go.

"At Овечкина - a hematoma of a hip," doctor Dinamo Valery Konov has told. " rest is necessary for the Guy during one week. Then it(he) can train and play. By the way, in a recent match with "Amur" Sаshа has received also crisis of bones of a nose. It is one more reason on which it(he) needs time for restoration..."
© Dynamo.ru

.......So no Ovechkin in Finland. Russia just lost to Finland 3-2.
:shakehead

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
It doesn't mean anything until he does it in the NHL. Which I doubt he will.........

;)

Thanks for the update. Whoever wins this coming drafts lottery is truly going to be winning the lottery. The best young player to come along since 99 and 66.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Well, I guess you don't know what you mean either. Anyway, the way I figured it, Ovechkin will probably be drafted by one of these teams:

EC-Boston Bruins
EC-Atlanta Thrashers
EC-New York Islanders
EC-Buffalo Sabres
EC-Carolina Hurricanes
EC-New York Rangers
EC-Montreal Canadians
EC-Florida Panthers
EC-Philadelphia Flyers
EC-Pittsburg Penguins
EC-Toronto Maple Leafs
EC-Washington Capitals
WC-Chicago Blackhawks
WC-Calgary Flames
WC-Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
WC-Columbus Blue Jackets
WC-Edmonton Oilers
WC-Los Angeles Kings
WC-Minnesota Wild
WC-Phoenix Coyotes
EC-Tampa Bay Lightning

Seeing as the virtual locks for the playoffs are:

WC-Colorado Avalanche
WC-Detroit Red Wings
EC-New Jersey Devils
EC-Ottowa Senators
WC-Dallas Stars
WC-St. Louis Blues
WC-Vancouver Canucks

So that means 3 of the Western Conference teams and 6 of the Eastern Conference teams from the first list will join the second list and on of the remaining teams will get Ovechkin. Who do you think it will be?

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Ovechkin sweepstakes will be won by one of these teams:

EC-Carolina Hurricanes
EC-Montreal Canadians
EC-Florida Panthers
EC-Pittsburg Penguins
EC-Washington Capitals
WC-Chicago Blackhawks
WC-Calgary Flames
WC-Columbus Blue Jackets
WC-Minnesota Wild
WC-Phoenix Coyotes

You're Retarded

skariya18 said:
I'll narrow it down even further...

EC-Florida Panthers
EC-Pittsburg Penguins
WC-Chicago Blackhawks
WC-Columbus Blue Jackets

I don't think Columbus is that bad, but if they somehow did get Ovechkin think of him and Zherdev on the same line :eek:

I actually like the idea of Semin-Ovechkin right about now :D

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Peter Bondra said:
I don't think Columbus is that bad, but if they somehow did get Ovechkin think of him and Zherdev on the same line :eek:

My question is who would play second line? Zherdev, Nash, or Ovechkin...lol, no center there!

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Peter Bondra said:

I'm thinking about Nash, Zherdev, Ovechkin, and Fritsche all on the same team. WOW.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
skariya18 said:

EC-Florida Panthers
EC-Pittsburg Penguins
WC-Chicago Blackhawks
WC-Columbus Blue Jackets

I'm not proud to say that, but MTL really have a chance...

We are very lucky to be 1 pts under .500 right now!

BJ21

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
"It" was a joke Floppa. What "doesn't mean anything" is simply a statement that some people use to say that what anyone does in the minors doesn't mean that they will be able to carry it into the NHL. "It" means that some, not me because I have been banging the Ove drum for three years now along with allot of others, feel that there are always one or two young studs that are the next greatest thing who never make it in the bigs so while their minor league accomplishments are nifty, that doesn't mean that they are a lock to be superstars in the NHL.

Although, as I said, in this case, "it" was an obvious joke (and a bad one at that) that I had written to sarcastically say that Ove might just be one of those guys who doesn't make it in the NHL. Of course, I am as certain as anyone that that wont be the case as Ove is the best looking russian kid that have seen since they were allowed to play in the NHL. Of course, I have only seen him on tape and in the JC's but he sure looks good to me.

So, I did know what I mean after all.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
skariya18 said:

EC-Florida Panthers
EC-Pittsburg Penguins
WC-Chicago Blackhawks
WC-Columbus Blue Jackets

Fine, Ill make it even easiar.

The time that will get Ovechenkin is the Pittsburg Penguins.

leafaholix*

I hope he goes to Montreal or Calgary.

Keepin' it Canadian.

nordique

Montreal? C'mon, GPH...do you want to see Ovechkin scoring against the Leafs every Saturday night?

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
I think Ovechkin might do well on a team that is defensivley responible but not a trapping team. Know of any teams like that? I think he might do well in Atlanta....Ovechkin and Kovalchuk would kill. What kind of system does Montreal have?

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Guy Lafleur said:
Ovechkin would do well in the World Cup ..with all the other mullet headed soccer players who lay on the field (ice in Ovies case) like theyve been shot and coukld never walk , let alone come back to play again .
he was an embarrassment at last years world juniors ..i dont know how many times he went down when Tootoo even glanced at him .
I would love to see Montreal get him so we could trade him for a couple of good Canadian kids like Coburn , Phaneuf , Woywitka or a Rick Nash .

Change your nickname, you are an embarrassement to the "Démon blond"....

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Guy Lafleur said:
Ovechkin would do well in the World Cup ..with all the other mullet headed soccer players who lay on the field (ice in Ovies case) like theyve been shot and coukld never walk , let alone come back to play again .
he was an embarrassment at last years world juniors ..i dont know how many times he went down when Tootoo even glanced at him .
I would love to see Montreal get him so we could trade him for a couple of good Canadian kids like Coburn , Phaneuf , Woywitka or a Rick Nash .
Oh man. Posting crap like this while using such a proud, revered name as Guy Lafleur... Sad.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Guy Lafleur said:
I know isnt it sad ..but i calls em as i sees em .Its so sad a talent Ovechkin has to cheapen his game with ridiculous diving and faking of injuries ..i agree its so sad . :shakehead

Guy Lafleur has had nothing good to say about European born players.He believes that only Canada can produce hockey talent.Well here is my response to your obviously biased comments.

:moon: :moon: :moon:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Ovechkin is the most skilled player outside the NHL...
Ovechkin talent,work ethic,determination will put him as a fan favorite by the team that will draft him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->