Alexander Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
It's just not fair on him to see him suffer, a guy who is just as if not more talented than Sid, Malkin, Stamkos, Datsyuk etc. doesn't deserve to be let down by an organisation time and time again.

I hope he gets traded to a contender and wins the cups he deserves. Why should all the players above get to have great coaches, GM's and linemates all around them while he is stuck with a bunch of stone hands who can't even get a simple shot on net from the blue line without it resulting in a 1 on 1 for the opposition?

The only players with a modicum of flair, talent and creativity are Ribs and Nicky but the rest are so average it is incredible. Here's hoping he goes to an organisation that will be run the right way so he can flourish and get the recognition his talent merits. I'm a Cap through and through and no matter who comes and goes i'll still be tuned in to just every game but personally the one thing in hockey i HATE is good/great players not getting the success they deserve because of the ineptitude around them (a la LeBron James in Cleveland).

P.S. Don't give me the rubbish about his contract, he got that contract because he was playing at a level that we hadn't seen since Gretzky and since then he's been let down in the playoffs by everyone around him.

Last edited by a moderator:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Suffer? He's one of the primary culprits not a victim. I'd rather see him find his form but if this is
his new normal then he can't be moved fast enough.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Suffer? He's one of the primary culprits not a victim. I'd rather see him find his form but if this is
his new normal then he can't be moved fast enough.

You have your opinion and that's fine, i will not argue because i see what i see and i don't see how your most talented guy who actually produces is the one to blame for failings from the top all the way down in an organisation.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The man who lifted D.C. up on his shoulders and turned it into a hockey town? A guy who has averaged over a point per game in his career and the guy who is at the ripe old age of 27? I'm all about tanking this year but come on...really? It's a terrible season, not the end of the franchise. lol take a chill pill.

BrettXNA*

We are talking about the same Ovechkin who threw a tantrum with Boudreau
and proceeded to put out no effort at all because he was butthurt until Boudreau was fired?
That Ovechkin ?

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
We are talking about the same Ovechkin who threw a tantrum with Boudreau
and proceeded to put out no effort at all because he was butthurt until Boudreau was fired?
That Ovechkin ?

I don't even know where to start with this crap comment.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Shame your hero is near untradable

I wouldn't say hero, sports figures with skills and talent in abundance are people i admire and i will defend the ones that deserve to be defended to the end of the earth.

Just so happens we have one in the team i love. He's getting too much s**t from people and it irritates when there is not much more he can give effort wise without help from others like every great player requires.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Nope...I'd rather see him pull himself out of it here. They'll never get another guy with his talent as when he's right in the head...

The guy has a way to go still to become the best Pro he can be.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
That post game interview is brutal. It's all over Ovie's face. He's really pissed. If he plays like he played in the third period in the next game, his team has got to follow his lead.

Halpysback*

Yeah I'm on the trade Ovi bandwagon now. He really doesn't deserve this.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
How ridiculous. By that logic all the players should be traded, for the sake of their careers.

No trade. At least not this year. Maybe...after next year 2014. OV made a commitment to Washington and the fans. I'd say 80% of the jerseys in the stands are Ovechkin. You can't just walk when the going gets tough. This is where men show up.

This is a wonky year with the NHL not starting until January 19th. A new coach and system. From Hunter hockey to something entirely different.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I love Ovie and always will. He played his heart out for the Caps for years. He played as hard as Rod Langway, Scott Stevens, and Dale Hunter did. I don't like that he can't or won't play D but that's another story.

Can we trade Ted and George? They have actually damaged the team. #8 is the main reason I watch this team.

Don't listen to the lynch mob, Ovie!

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Instead of trading Ovi to a new team, I rather create a new team in DC and keep him here.

Let's fire McPhee for the sake of his career instead.

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
You guys realize who would be trading Ovechkin, right?

Do you really want GMGM involved in a trade that includes Ovechkin? Would probably be a bad trade for him. Would definitely be a bad trade for the fans.

Nothing good would come of that idiot trading Ovechkin on either end. Son of a ***** would probably trade him to the Penguins or the Flyers.

Liberati0n*

You guys realize who would be trading Ovechkin, right?

Do you really want GMGM involved in a trade that includes Ovechkin? Would probably be a bad trade for him. Would definitely be a bad trade for the fans.

Nothing good would come of that idiot trading Ovechkin on either end. Son of a ***** would probably trade him to the Penguins or the Flyers.

Totally. Given his horrible trading record, especially when selling players, it would almost definitely be a complete disaster.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
Bruins fan here, and secretly a Caps fan too a little. Ha. I've always liked the Caps and your team. I don't watch Cap games much so I'm not sure what is going on with the Caps this season, but I am surprised. You guys really surprised me and I loved the way you played against the B's in the playoffs last year. What has changed? Is it a new coach, and new systems and some injuries that is throwing the Caps off this season? Semin is gone, I remember that, but who replaced him?

I also always felt like you guys at one time were the most talented team in the NHL when Boudreau was running things. I felt like you guys were so close with Boudreau, but needed a few tweaks on your defense and goaltending and that was what was holding the Caps back in the playoffs. Then last season you got your goaltending going and were on a roll a bit in the playoffs.

Also, once you guys got rid of Boudreau it seems like Ovechkins' game changed too? What about Mike Green? What is going on with him? He's had some injuries, right? He stood out for me a few years ago as an up and coming superstar…..is it time to trade him and get a different look on your defense?

I don't know why you guys would get rid of Ovechkin. He is a player you build around and I think he is talented enough to bounce back from this slump or depression he is in.

What do you guys think your needs are? I keep hearing goaltending but what happened to Holtby? It always seemed to me you guys needed help with your defense….especially since Mike Green went down with injuries and now with Semin gone maybe a little tweaking on your offense?

piotrt82

Jan 7, 2013
Just watched the postgame interview...

We got to keep Ovie!
Listen to him, he still got his heart in it!
Fire GMGM and build a team around No8, HE IS our franchise face and he doesn´t give a ****!
We need to get rid of our slow*** wingers and get some speed added and add one or two stay at home defenders!
Maybe a change in goal would also benefit the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad