Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
There were reports in media that Caps core have had difficulties analyzing the last years defeat. Some rough sms texting was done. And then Ovi and Backstrom became no close and no comrades. Maybe even don't want to play on the same line.

This is the proof.

What's the proof? They had a little handshake. Go back to the Game 3 game winning goal, and see how excited they are.

Tell me you don't see two teammates who get along reasonably well there.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Jun 15, 2007
People who love to score goals never hate the guy who loves to pass.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
With his 61st career playoff goal he is now exactly half way to Wayne Gretzky’s record 122. :P

Ovie is currently 28th all time in playoff goals scored. He is 4th all time for LWs. Esa Tikkanen is first with 72.

He is also 65th all time in playoff points with 117. He is 8th all time for LWs. Brian Propp is first with 148 points.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Hey Caps fans, first of all congrats on winning the Cup! Couldn’t be happier that you guys won it all this year. Ovechkin has been my favorite player in the league since he first came into the league and I’ve been trying to find that goal of his where he knocks down the puck and one times it all in one motion pretty much. I recall that it was fairly recent. If anybody could link me to the video I’d really appreciate it, thanks!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Thread needs this
maxresdefault.jpg

Ovi's Bender Recap thus far

Alex Ovechkin’s drunken, post-championship adventures: a round-up

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

I love that he feels so butt hurt and had to delete his "Ovechkin Can Never Win the Cup" article that he probably wrote after Game 2 of the Jackets series. He is angry that he had to replace it with this one.

I also love that he needs to mention Henrik Lundqvist. I love that it bothers him that the King and Rangers never won the Cup yet a Russian he despises led the Caps to one.

But the main thing I love is that Brooks will always be a loser and Ovie a winner.

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Something interesting in Putin’s quote congratulating Ovi and the other Russians—mentioned Ovechkin returning to Russia to play at some point. I’d guess it’s most likely at the end of his current contract in three years

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Something interesting in Putin’s quote congratulating Ovi and the other Russians—mentioned Ovechkin returning to Russia to play at some point. I’d guess it’s most likely at the end of his current contract in three years

That would stink. I think Ovie would bring more honour to Russia by breaking and shattering all kinds of records in the NHL.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Honestly i dont believe this. It was likely after he found out he couldn't play in the olympics, but hes had years of heartbreaks year after year and he's still here

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Honestly i dont believe this. It was likely after he found out he couldn't play in the olympics, but hes had years of heartbreaks year after year and he's still here
Yeah, his current contract expires right before the 2022 Olympics, though. And he could probably make as much, if not more, playing in the KHL. I believe players don’t pay income taxes and Putin’s team is exempt from the salary cap...so that’s tough to compete with.

Honestly, I wouldnt fault him. His wife is pregnant now and I’m sure his family wants to go home at some point. He’s the most amazing player I’ve ever had the chance to root for and there’s not even a distant second, he singlehandedly made DC a hockey city, and finally delivered a Cup. If he wants to ride off into the Russian sunset in 2021, then so be it. Guy’s earned the right to do whatever makes him happy.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If even the Ovechkin era Capitals can't get it done, then no one will. He's the best player we will ever get, better watch all his games before he calls it a career. I'm optimistic. Our turn will come, I can feel it. Ovi will be the first player in a Caps uniform to lift the Cup. It's not a question of how but when.

Would like to quote myself from 3 years ago. Young Eazy for Kuzy believed :)

MagicKuzy

Jun 11, 2018
Just a random observation:

Ovie was asked in one post-game interview about the amazingness of Kuznetsov and he proceeded to say that all centers are amazing - Backstrom, Eller, Kuznetsov and Beagle. Never expected he would speak like a true captain - clever.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ovi will done more for Russia staying and getting 800-900 goals in the NHL.
Obviously Putin knows it better than Ovi. So I'd dismiss that.

There was something said between them obviously hence the comments. But it doesn't matter now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->