Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
So Ovechkin needs 6 goals in 9 games for 50 goals at 32 years old... I'm not one to doubt him but I think he needs a few multi-goal games or a hat trick to get it done. He also needs to be on the ice for every single empty net situation.

I think 2 two goal games and 2 one goal games is realistic.

They play at home: NYR, Carolina, Nashville and New Jersey
They play on the road at: Detroit, Montreal, NYR, Pittsburgh and St. Louis.

Nashville will be the toughest team to score against out of the remaining teams. I think he has a decent shot at 2 goal games against Detroit, Montreal, New Jersey and either of the NYR games.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
One crazy IM BACK night and he's putting up a hatty and gets back on track...we've got some weak teams coming up. We'll see. Hope he wins the rocket more so than 50 but 50 would be killer!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Ovi is taking the Rocket and scoring 50 goals. Someone called it way back this summer:

Evgeny Kuznetsov defends Alex Ovechkin's weight, predicts Ovi will score 50 goals next season
This is a great interview. Kuznetsov's answers are so candid and specific. Hopefully Ovechkin can make good on that predicition, but there's not much room for error. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's always seemed to me that he tends to tighten up from the pressure when he's close to a milestone or another mark he needs to hit...but he could always score two or three in the next game and go on a run.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This is a great interview. Kuznetsov's answers are so candid and specific. Hopefully Ovechkin can make good on that predicition, but there's not much room for error. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's always seemed to me that he tends to tighten up from the pressure when he's close to a milestone or another mark he needs to hit...but he could always score two or three in the next game and go on a run.

I recall him scoring a hat trick in the last game of the season to go from 47 to 50 two years ago.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Hello everyone. While I don't normally cheer for the capitals I am always cheering for Ovechkin. He has always been my favourite player for as long as he has played. I'm looking to start collecting jerseys and what better place to start than with an OV jersey(although I do have multiple habs jerseys I have nothing from other teams). My question is what would be the best Ovechkin Jersey to get? I really like the Capitol building one but it is quite expensive everywhere I have found it. I figured I would get some opinions from the actual fanbase. Thanks in advance.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hello everyone. While I don't normally cheer for the capitals I am always cheering for Ovechkin. He has always been my favourite player for as long as he has played. I'm looking to start collecting jerseys and what better place to start than with an OV jersey(although I do have multiple habs jerseys I have nothing from other teams). My question is what would be the best Ovechkin Jersey to get? I really like the Capitol building one but it is quite expensive everywhere I have found it. I figured I would get some opinions from the actual fanbase. Thanks in advance.

I have this one and I love it

thumb.aspx

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I love the jersey that @Eazy for Kuzy posted along with the blue Stadium Series jersey from this year and the Winter Classic jersey from 2011. Hard pass for me on their current kit and the Winter Classic jersey from 2015.

upload_2018-3-29_8-14-38.png
upload_2018-3-29_9-13-42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad