Recalled/Assigned: Alexandar Georgiev

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Shut Pavs down for trades. Who needs a Benoit Allaire-trained backup goaltender?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't like this. We don't actually need a back up. Just call up Halverson or someone like that to back up Hank. I want Georgiyev to continue to play.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I don't like this. We don't actually need a back up. Just call up Halverson or someone like that to back up Hank. I want Georgiyev to continue to play.

Gotta believe that if they're calling him up, it's with the intention of getting him in some games.

I agree though. If he's just gonna sit on the bench for a month, then this makes no sense and probably takes Hartford out of playoff contention.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Gotta believe that if they're calling him up, it's with the intention of getting him in some games.

I agree though. If he's just gonna sit on the bench for a month, then this makes no sense and probably takes Hartford out of playoff contention.

Doubt he plays much if at all, AV is in full job save mode.

Reactions: Claxton

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Lundqvist has started 45 games. The Rangers have 27 games remaining. Lundqvist is starting 72 games this season? The Rangers began a 6 game in 10 days/nights stretch last night. Henrik is playing in all 6 games? They gave Pavelec the start for a reason. Lundqvist played most of the game.

Lundqvist is not going to get up one night after a player runs him over. Lazar ran him over last night. Lettieri ran over Lundqvist in practice a few days ago. Skjei nearly took him out in Colorado.

The Rangers will finish the season with the two European goaltenders from Hartford playing.

Tell Lundqvist to take a sabbatical and get ready for the World Championships. Too bad the Rangers were not allowed to loan him to Sweden for the Olympics.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Happy for Georgie, but not happy that this means Hank will get more starts. Dude is on pace for the heaviest workload of his career.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Happy for Georgie, but not happy that this means Hank will get more starts. Dude is on pace for the heaviest workload of his career.

I think this is how his nickname is spelled:

201102202048214d61c465764ab.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lundqvist has started 45 games. The Rangers have 27 games remaining. Lundqvist is starting 72 games this season? The Rangers began a 6 game in 10 days/nights stretch last night. Henrik is playing in all 6 games? They gave Pavelec the start for a reason. Lundqvist played most of the game.

Lundqvist is not going to get up one night after a player runs him over. Lazar ran him over last night. Lettieri ran over Lundqvist in practice a few days ago. Skjei nearly took him out in Colorado.

The Rangers will finish the season with the two European goaltenders from Hartford playing.

Tell Lundqvist to take a sabbatical and get ready for the World Championships. Too bad the Rangers were not allowed to loan him to Sweden for the Olympics.

I've been saying this for about a week now. The team is not making the playoffs. Right now the defense is really raw and the defending overall leaves a lot to be desired and we're going to keep playing an overworked and frustrated Lundqvist night after night?---have him looking at 45 shots a game? IMO---that's f***ing idiotic. As long as the canard continues that we can make the playoffs--even if Gorton, Sather don't believe that the team has what it takes to win a championship even if it did make the playoffs--I suspect AV is going to be throwing Henrik into most every game but IMO there's potential that in doing so disaster might come our way. IMO--at most Henrik should be playing half the games left--let the backup take the rest. The season is shot--this team isn't capable of winning a cup this year.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Geo has been making 40+ nightly saves nightly recently. Really good midseason after a rough start to the year.

Sometimes will give up an easy goal due to rookie inconsistency, but more more often has been in beast mode.

Mostly very good positionally wiyh a rare mistake here and there, technically sound, good reflexes. Not the most athletic, but acceptable. Smart. Unbelievable at puckhandling, the best at it of any Rangers goalie ever, like a third defenseman who frustrates every dump and chase by the other team. His puckhandling is a major asset because it forces the other team to change their game.

May not be ready yet, but he's got potential.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

He loves it and can handle it. Plus, he wants those 8 more wins to hit 30 again.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

Agreed, could definitely be a showcase as he makes sense as a good secondary trading chip

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->