Alex Svitov

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
This guy used to be one of the most touted prospect in the league and now we're hardly noticing him in Columbus. Can he still blossom as a top 2 center or is he a bust? What are his flaws?

Saw him with the Bulldogs some years ago and he was an absolute beast. He was clearly in another league, and the most impressive player that game...and that's with him being ejected halfway through for instigating a fight.

Not sure why he can't put it together though.

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
Saw him with the Bulldogs some years ago and he was an absolute beast. He was clearly in another league, and the most impressive player that game...and that's with him being ejected halfway through for instigating a fight.

Not sure why he can't put it together though.

I saw that game as well. He used to be the best player with the bulldogs and he helped Perezhogin adapt that year. I really don't understand what happened to him, he had shades of Bobby Holik.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
He's not ever going to put up alot of points. He's good at throwing the body and ticking off the other team, he was in Iginla's head all night last night. His passing is average but he has a lethal wrister that he hardly ever uses. He's always the first forward back to help out the defense, which is why he's not interested in the offensive game that much. I think he'll cap out as a 3rd line center with elite defensive skills, and if he finds his offensive game maybe he'll be a second liner.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
not sure what you ment by unoticed in columbus since he keeps getting the spot beside Z, his RL buddy, and has pushed out puck skilled players like Brule and Platt.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
i think he's been a beast for us... he hasnt put up numbers offensively but no one really has. he's very very good at taking the puck away and keeping it along the boards. i think right now he's like malhotra with more defensive skill and size but less intensity. he isnt second line material right now because of his lack of offensive skill, but he makes little plays defensively that go unnoticed. with a little more development with the puck, he should become a presence in all three zones very soon

LightningFast

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Svitov = Holik?

I remember when Tampa Bay drafted Svitov, he was marked as the next Bobby Holik. Haven`t seen Svitov play for a while, does his play ressemble Bobby Holik from his New Jersey days? (Obviously not at that level..)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->