Alex Semin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
He tends to hang on to the puck too long and neither shoot nor pass. :D

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
A little touch of both. go to the caps forum, theres a thread called "Lets talk about Semin" which i think has some clips in it. All your Semin desires will be fulfilled

bastone

Mar 24, 2005
I think Semin will surprise alot of people,I think he can be in the top 20 in scoring at the end of the season.He shoots more then he passes,witch is not always the worse thing

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Couldn't agree more ... like Kovalev early in his career. Would hang on to the puck and stickhandle around 5 guys and yet somehow no shot or even scoring chance would come from it.

Haha thats Sergie Samsonov also, he darts around 4 guys, but then falls over or dekes himself out

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Couldn't agree more ... like Kovalev early in his career. Would hang on to the puck and stickhandle around 5 guys and yet somehow no shot or even scoring chance would come from it.

I don't know, in the games near the end of the season he was here, he dished a lot more than he shot.

Though its hard to have chances get buried when you play with Kip Miller and Jeff Halpern.

But in either case, think he is overrated. I'd have to disagree entirely. There was a lot of hype after the end of his first season, and considering the numbers he put up in lockout RSL, but I don't think he has done much of anything to distance himself from those. The kid has talent. Whether or not he will actually put it all out there on the ice is in question, but having Ovechkin on his team certainly won't hurt.

Now, the question I have is whether or not he might want to learn to play Rightwing.

CH Wizard

Semin could easilly end up having a worse career than Berezin...

Ok I wouldn't go THAT far.:biglaugh:

Semin has good all around skills from what I've seen...and I've noticed he indeed shoots more then he donates.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
bump

haha, i know everyone has the overrated title associated with them at some point, but still funny. Some of the comparisons, projections, and time frames are great.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Kovalev is indeed the best comparison, IMO. But, having watched pretty much every game when Kovalev was a young gun on the Rangers.. at the same age, Semin is light years ahead. Far more effective dangler (Kovalev pulled moves just as sick, but his success rate was much worse), sniper, passer, and he's faster, shiftier, more consistent and responsible (that one comes as a shocker to Caps fans, but..trust me, Kovalev had Semin's brain farts x5). The only thing Kovalev had/has on Semin is size, but overall, if Semin progresses at a reasonable rate, he'll be in a different category. If only the Caps can lock him up at a good cap hit before he has a healthy season and scores 60..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad