Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Sammy said:
:shakehead :shakehead
Give me strength. Allison is one of the top 3 or 4 playmakers in the league.

Sorry man. Were you trying to say now? If so, of course you're right. Well, maybe not, but we'll assume he's healthy.

However, Frolov is a good playmaker already and is only 22. Where was Allison at the same point?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Legionnaire said:
Sorry man. Were you trying to say now? If so, of course you're right. Well, maybe not, but we'll assume he's healthy.

However, Frolov is a good playmaker already and is only 22. Where was Allison at the same point?

Maybe Yashin is a better model?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
EroCaps said:
Maybe Yashin is a better model?

Maybe. His name has popped up in the comparison. However, I always think of Yashin of more of a big boddied sniper. Frolov it neither a pure playmaker nor sniper. How about this, the ******* son of Jason Allison and Alexi Yashin.

Sammy*

Legionnaire said:

As a 22 year old Allison was racking up 33 goals & 50 assists & was #9 in league scoring..

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
EroCaps said:
Does Frolov remind you somewhat of Kovalev?
Not really, Kovalev has better hands. One of Frolov's biggest strengths with scoring is IMO that he's always on the right spot and incredibly clever and quick with rebounds.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Legionnaire said:
Not even close. Best comparison from me, would be a better skating, better defensively, version of Allison.

Funny... I too always thought he played in the Allison mold... I just wasn't sure if that was because he was tall and played for the Kings.

Agree also with whoever said that his playmaking skills won't be as great. They won't, but I feel his defence and turnover ability will be far greater.

It's funny to see Frolov being talked about lately like he's a bit of a dark horse. Four years ago, Frolov was the biggest thing since electricity on these boards.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Sammy said:
:shakehead :shakehead
Give me strength. Allison is one of the top 3 or 4 playmakers in the league.

Don't sweat it. The hilariously sad comparisons to Frolov and every star in the league have been going on for years now. Just view it as entertainment.

Frolov reminds me of Chris Pronger. But much faster and with a better scoring touch. Nobody shall mess with my statement, because it's just an opinion and everybody is allowed to have one!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Vlad The Impaler said:
Don't sweat it. The hilariously sad comparisons to Frolov and every star in the league have been going on for years now. Just view it as entertainment.

Frolov reminds me of Chris Pronger. But much faster and with a better scoring touch. Nobody shall mess with my statement, because it's just an opinion and everybody is allowed to have one!

Is there a better way to relate the way a guy plays?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Semin and Kozlov seem to have good chemistry. Kozlov is one of the many NJ Devil forward that could be on the block. Washington should look into that.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
JasonMacIsaac said:
Semin and Kozlov seem to have good chemistry. Kozlov is one of the many NJ Devil forward that could be on the block. Washington should look into that.

What's it going to cost the Kings to get Zherdev though? :lol

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Legionnaire said:
Is there a better way to relate the way a guy plays?

I think comparisons are a nice and useful way of simplifying things and speaking a common language because most of us can use the NHL as common reference. So I like them as a quick, effective tool. But if the comparisons are random, they lose any usefulness.

Frolov and Komisarek take the cake as far as frivolous, weird comparisons. That's what I think is unfortunate.

Perhaps it is because Frolov is difficult to compare to a NHL player? That happens. If that is the case, one is better off not comparing him to anybody, IMO. If he is comparable to a player, then it better be the right player. Not everything from Allison to Kovalev to you-name-it.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Vlad The Impaler said:
I think comparisons are a nice and useful way of simplifying things and speaking a common language because most of us can use the NHL as common reference. So I like them as a quick, effective tool. But if the comparisons are random, they lose any usefulness.

Frolov and Komisarek take the cake as far as frivolous, weird comparisons. That's what I think is unfortunate.

Perhaps it is because Frolov is difficult to compare to a NHL player? That happens. If that is the case, one is better off not comparing him to anybody, IMO. If he is comparable to a player, then it better be the right player. Not everything from Allison to Kovalev to you-name-it.

To be fair, the Kovalev thing popped up only as a question. I think Kings fans have been fairly clear and consistant with their comparisons to Allison.

Edit: The same can't be said about Phaneuf and Stevens?

John

May 25, 2004
Frolov's back down to 8 goals according to both Metallurg and PHL. Also, I'm sure Semin would love to play with Zherdev. Frolov is awesome though.

Also, Semin and Kozlov haven't been together as much lately. I believe Semin's been playing more with Nestrov(sp). They certainly don't seem to be setting eachother up much according to Lada's site.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Edit: The same can't be said about Phaneuf and Stevens?

Well the first time I saw that comparison was a Redline write-up on him where his coach Brent Sutter compared him to Stevens. I think you can place a lot more stock into a comparison when someone who is obviously a very good hockey person draws the comparison. Obviously I would put much less stock into a comparison drawn by some random poster who's hockey evaluation skills are a complete question mark.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Legionnaire said:

Comming out of an 80 more points season with the Boston Bruins...

If i remember...

BJ21

Vic Rattlehead*

Semin looks like he is doing very well during the lockout.

BTW, how many points does Zinovjev have in the RSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->