Injury Report: Alex Petrovic Day-To-Day. Lower Body Injury

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
In theory, this shouldn't be some big problem - true playoff teams lose more players and they're still fine.
In practice... please be okay soon?

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
In theory, this shouldn't be some big problem - true playoff teams lose more players and they're still fine.
In practice... please be okay soon?
but.....were not a true playoff team. we needed a 100% healthy roster to even pretend like we were competing against teams that have real injuries. we couldn't afford this. mccoshen is really bad. we could barely afford having pysyk out there. if we had made a trade for mcD I'd believe in playoffs. but as usual were just not in it to win it and cbj/njd are.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
but.....were not a true playoff team. we needed a 100% healthy roster to even pretend like we were competing against teams that have real injuries. we couldn't afford this. mccoshen is really bad. we could barely afford having pysyk out there. if we had made a trade for mcD I'd believe in playoffs. but as usual were just not in it to win it and cbj/njd are.

I don't make a trade for McD just to get us into the playoffs. I trade for a player like that when we're on the verge of being a Cup contender. Even with McD we wouldn't be able to beat some of these teams in a playoff series.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I don't make a trade for McD just to get us into the playoffs. I trade for a player like that when we're on the verge of being a Cup contender. Even with McD we wouldn't be able to beat some of these teams in a playoff series.
for next season, adding him, adding lets say a winger like kovalchuk, along with the addition of borgstrom. assuming goaltending holds up thats a strong playoff team at the very least.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
yea id agree if he was a rental. but having him next season on a great contract (assuming the owners would actually spend to ice a real fwd core) would all but guarantee a spot next yr. also we really do need to make the playoffs this year as a run this impressive to end in nothing would be another massive dagger in the heart of the already comatose fanbase. plus u know as well as i do that any team can win a playoff series with some good luck. and u cant do that without making the playoffs. plus theres the added bonus of mcD loving it in florida and resigning at a friendly rate. this combined with the fact that we dont need tippet or mascherin for the timeline of the current cup window leads me to believe we shouldve made a package deal involving players, prospects, and picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad