Value of: Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
What are Habs fans realistic expectations in a trade for Galchenyuk? And are you guys like looking to moving on from him at all?

Last 3 seasons has played a 24 goal and 55 pt pace over 82 games. 24 year old primarily Winger and signed for 2 more seasons at 4.9M.

Is Brayden Schenn's deal to STL a fair comparable? Was signed for 3 seasons at 5.125M at the time. Was playing at a 26 goal 54 pt pace over 82 games in the 3 seasons prior to being dealt.

Schenn got traded for Lehtera (Cap dump), 27th OA pick in 2017 and a top 10 protected in 2018.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
What are Habs fans realistic expectations in a trade for Galchenyuk? And are you guys like looking to moving on from him at all?

Last 3 seasons has played a 24 goal and 55 pt pace over 82 games. 24 year old primarily Winger and signed for 2 more seasons at 4.9M.

Is Brayden Schenn's deal to STL a fair comparable? Was signed for 3 seasons at 5.125M at the time. Was playing at a 26 goal 54 pt pace over 82 games in the 3 seasons prior to being dealt.

Schenn got traded for Lehtera (Cap dump), 27th OA pick in 2017 and a top 10 protected in 2018.
I'm not sure which team would pull the trigger but I think your comparable is a good one.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Schenn is the better player but they are close in comparable at the time of their value in trade rumors.

Don't think anyone offers up two 1sts for AG though. Also wouldn't want to trade him if I'm a MON fan. Still could be a 60-65pt winger with a top 6C.

Mid to late 1st + B+ or above prospect or higher valued 1st + lesser prospect at minimum IMO.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Schenn is the better player but they are close in comparable at the time of their value in trade rumors.

Don't think anyone offers up two 1sts for AG though. Also wouldn't want to trade him if I'm a MON fan. Still could be a 60-65pt winger with a top 6C.

Mid to late 1st + B+ or above prospect or higher valued 1st + lesser prospect at minimum IMO.
I could see a team in the mid teens who need top 6 help (DAL and COL come to mind) moving that pick for him. Not saying they should, but just from a needs and value perspective they have the assets for for him.

Could also see a team like WSH who if they want to maximize the remainder of Ovie and Backstrom's contracts making a package similar to Shenn's for him
MTL fans say they wouldnt trade him for 10th overall. You wont get good responses.

fans or fan lol?

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
I'm one of those Habs fans who are sick and tired of Chucky, but you're gonna have to offer much better than that to get him.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'm one of those Habs fans who are sick and tired of Chucky, but you're gonna have to offer much better than that to get him.
much better than what exactly? the Schenn deal? What basis/justification is that?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
What about something around Victor Rask and Galchenyuk?

Similar point totals and Carolina needs to move Rask to make a spot at C for Necas.

I think Carolina adds a little.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I just don’t think selling Galchenyuk for draft picks is jusified. He justed turned 24, turned his life around lately (off-ice) and it has showed at the end of the season.

Unless something stupid like Hanifin or a young C is offered, I don’t see us trade Galchenyuk at all since he just started putting it together.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The cliche 'he has more value to MTL than other teams'. aka no one is going to give up anything significant for him so MTL will keep him and hopes he figures it out.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
MTL fans say they wouldnt trade him for 10th overall. You wont get good responses.

Depends who's there @ 10 to be honest.

If the draft goes :

1. Dahlin
2. Svech
3.Zadina
4.Boqvist
5.Dobson
6.Wahlstrom
7.Hughes
8.Bouchard
9.Tkachuk
10.?

I do it and pick Kotkaniemi. I'm not doing it for Tkachuk, or would like a small add.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The cliche 'he has more value to MTL than other teams'. aka no one is going to give up anything significant for him so MTL will keep him and hopes he figures it out.
I don't think that's a good move. you guys would net better packages if they were dealt separately imo

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I have a feeling he'll be dealt in a package deal with Pacioretty

Why ? 1 should be dealt to a team on the up and coming and the other should be dealt to a team looking to win this year.

As for Galchenyuk would like to trade him for a similar LHD dman if possible.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
What about something around Victor Rask and Galchenyuk?

Similar point totals and Carolina needs to move Rask to make a spot at C for Necas.

I think Carolina adds a little.

Carolina adds a lot. It's not a good starting point IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad