Alex DeBrincat would be your Calder favorite if...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Coach Q actually played the kid with some freaking talent!

22 goals on the year playing bottom 6 minutes most nights..

It is a travesty how this kid has played on 4th lines and 3rd lines for much of the year in spite of showing his skill and talent to anyone whose head isn't firmly planted up their ass for more ice time.

He has played with Kane and Schmaltz, but still seems to get "blendered" all over the place and winds up playing with Bouma and Sharp far too often.

This kid is a legit talent and one of the only bright spots on this team - he would be at 30 goals right now if he actually got top 6 minutes.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
it is more tongue in cheek than anything else, would he be the favorite?? I don't know, who knows how much more points he would have if he played with talent. It is impossible to say where he would be stats wise playing top 6 minutes.

the main point is this kid is flying under the radar of most fans, and coach Q really shit the bed with him for most of the year. That is the shame.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Q did shit the bed by playing him with Sharp, Bouma and Wingels half the season but the kid scored like 60 goals a year with the biggest prospect since Crosby on his team. Everybody knows him so I don't think he's going under the radar. I am more shocked at why the Oilers didn't take him instead of Benson.

Bad organizations will be bad i guess.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Debrincat would at least be 3rd in rookie scoring behind Barzal and Boeser if he was consistently playing with top six talent. We'll see going forward thru the years how these kids pan out ... I can see Debrincat doing quite well.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
this has been Debrincat's line mates:

Sharp-Hartman/Anisimov-Debrincat (he is better on LW, yet it's given to Sharp)

Saad/Duclair-Toews-Debrincat (much better, but Toews/Saad have literally been hot garbage)

And lots of times he's played RW with Bouma/Wingels/Kampf

He has never played on the same line as Patrick Kane or Nick Schmaltz (our two best offensive players).

Brock Boeser has played with Baertschi-Horvat, Gagner-Vanek or the Sedins. Also on a decent PP unit (Hawks are bottom 5)

Barzal has had Eberle and Ladd/Beauvillier and a lethal top PP unit with Bailey, Lee and Tavares.

But I don't agree he's be better or a front runner, but the gap would be closer IMO.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
this has been Debrincat's line mates:

Sharp-Hartman/Anisimov-Debrincat (he is better on LW, yet it's given to Sharp)

Saad/Duclair-Toews-Debrincat (much better, but Toews/Saad have literally been hot garbage)

And lots of times he's played RW with Bouma/Wingels/Kampf

He has never played on the same line as Patrick Kane or Nick Schmaltz (our two best offensive players).

Brock Boeser has played with Baertschi-Horvat, Gagner-Vanek or the Sedins. Also on a decent PP unit (Hawks are bottom 5)

Barzal has had Eberle and Ladd/Beauvillier and a lethal top PP unit with Bailey, Lee and Tavares.

But I don't agree he's be better or a front runner, but the gap would be closer IMO.
I seriously think if Debrincat was given Panarin's spot and played primarily with Kane and Schmaltz he would be #2 in points for rookies right behind Barzal.
He's only what 20? .. that's probably why Q has eased him in and thought it best to have him earn his place on the top line ( which for the past 3 years been Kane's line ).

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The irrationality and nonsense is so silly

Yes he's played with Sharp most of his time but also has been given a lot if time mixed with top 6 guys and top players.

The Bouma wingless types he's actually hardly played with ice time comparable when judging it

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Boeser and Barzal are special.

DCat is very good, but not on their level. I do agree, if he played with Kane, and sheltered minutes in the offensive zone, he would have 30 by now. His shot is incredible.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
He’s gotten lots of time playing with Toews. It’s not like he only plays with scrubs. He’s not better than Barzal

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I don't think anyone is saying he is better than Barzal .. I just believe if he had played in Panarin's spot he'd be 2nd in rookie scoring behind Barzal but ahead of Boeser. No biggy .. the kid can just put up points.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Cant believe we gave up andrew shaw for Debrincat and another pick... lol

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I enjoyed watching him in Erie. Glad to see him having a real nice rookie season. It doesn't matter what his size his he can put the puck in the net.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Feels like Barzal is starting to pull away from all of them. He is putting up insane numbers.

Strong rookie class this year. Hischier, MacAvoy, Butcher, too. And Yanni damn Gourde.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->