ALex Bourret

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

great deal for the Rangers.

Bourret was the youngest player in the AHL last year and notched 50 points,

11 points in 7 PO games to top off his first and VERY successful professional season..

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
great deal for the Rangers.

Bourret was the youngest player in the AHL last year and notched 50 points,

11 points in 7 PO games to top off his first and VERY successful professional season..

Shhh, don't tell that to Atlanta fans. He is a fat, lazy marginal prospect, remember? :sarcasm:

I believe there were a few younger players that played in the AHL last year too, but he was among the youngest.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
Shhh, don't tell that to Atlanta fans. He is a fat, lazy marginal prospect, remember? :sarcasm:

I believe there were a few younger players that played in the AHL last year too, but he was among the youngest.

he was the youngest at the beginning of the season at least

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site

It's not the Atlanta fans that think that...it's the Atlanta GM.
In a brief burst of panic last year, Waddell traded the team's future for "4 and out" in the first round. :shakehead

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Did Kalus start the season in the AHL? If not I know Bergfors did. Anyway to stay on topic, I expect Bourret to have a monster AHL season.

Chinstrap

Jun 30, 2007
Just to settle this:

Nicklas Bergfors
DOB: March 7, 1987
First game this season: October 7
Age as of first game this season: 19 years, 7 months, 0 days

Peter Kalus
DOB: June 29, 1987
Age as of first game this season: 19 years, 3 months, 8 days

Alex Bourret
DOB: October 5th, 1986
Age as of first game this season: 20 years, 0 months, 2 days

So Petr Kalus was the youngest (of those 3, at least).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
One of the biggest rip-offs in recent memory. AND we swept the team we ripped off.

Great trade, Slats. Now we have to find the next team to rip off for a mediocre 3rd liner.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
i don't think it was just the gm, a lot of atlanta posters were ripping him saying he was lazy and had a bad attitude, so really, he just went to a organization that had given him 1000000 times the team and fan support

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Well, Atlanta re-signed Dupuis (2 year deal I think) so they still have something from the trade. But I'd trade a marginal 3rd line player for a first round pick only a couple years removed from his draft just about anyday.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well, Atlanta re-signed Dupuis (2 year deal I think) so they still have something from the trade. But I'd trade a marginal 3rd line player for a first round pick only a couple years removed from his draft just about anyday.

Same here. Dupuis was a redundant player in our organization. And we got a tremendous prospect for a marginal player. Where does that ever happen outside of EA Sports games?

Atlanta is a poorly run team with a manager without a clue in what to do. He went for broke and got swept. I kind of feel bad for them.

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
Same here. Dupuis was a redundant player in our organization. And we got a tremendous prospect for a marginal player. Where does that ever happen outside of EA Sports games?

Atlanta is a poorly run team with a manager without a clue in what to do. He went for broke and got swept. I kind of feel bad for them.

I kind of feel bad for anyone with 20,000 posts on an Internet bulletin board...

And you might want to wait until Bourret hits the NHL before you sing his praises.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
And we got a tremendous prospect for a marginal player. Where does that ever happen outside of EA Sports games?

If he was such a "tremendous prospect" you would be penciling him in your lineup next year, instead of your 1st round pick from this years draft.

Bourret is a prospect, he just is never as good as the other ones you have. He moved very quickly down the Thrashers F prospects list....he is already doing the same on the Rangers F prospects list....and soon he will do the same when the Rangers trade him somewhere else.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If he was such a "tremendous prospect" you would be penciling him in your lineup next year, instead of your 1st round pick from this years draft.

Bourret is a prospect, he just is never as good as the other ones you have. He moved very quickly down the Thrashers F prospects list....he is already doing the same on the Rangers F prospects list....and soon he will do the same when the Rangers trade him somewhere else.

Actually, we don't like to rush our prospects here in New York and we have enough depth to not even need to think about it.

I know you don't like him as a prospect, but that first quote is a bit silly, no? I mean, he's obviously a crappy prospect if he's not on our team. That's basically what you said.

And I'm so glad that you think he's already fallen in our eyes! Hardly. And that's a quite laughable statement if you think about it. The guy we picked this year is the 4th best player (around there, anyway) in the draft and a tremendous talent. It's not a slight to Bourret at all to be below Cherepanov. And it's pretty silly for you to bash him because of it.

Just bashing for the sake of bashing, I guess.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Actually, we don't like to rush our prospects here in New York and we have enough depth to not even need to think about it.

I know you don't like him as a prospect, but that first quote is a bit silly, no? I mean, he's obviously a crappy prospect if he's not on our team. That's basically what you said.

And I'm so glad that you think he's already fallen in our eyes! Hardly. And that's a quite... silly statement if you think about it. The guy we picked this year is the 4th best player (around there, anyway) in the draft and a tremendous talent. It's not a slight to Bourret at all to be below Cherepanov. And it's pretty silly for you to bash him because of it.

Just bashing for the sake of bashing, I guess.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta

I'm not sure where you got that idea from: you're the first person I've ever heard say that... Bourret came in and looked great on the Pack, and no-one expected him to challenge for a roster spot on the Rangers this coming year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm not sure where you got that idea from: Bourret came in and looked great on the Pack, and no-one expected him to challenge for a roster spot on the Rangers this coming year.

Agreed. He was fantastic in Hartford. Absolutely FANTASTIC. I couldn't have been happier with just how damn good he was. And he was incredible in the playoffs. Hitting everything, showing incredible scoring abilities, etc.

The guy is the full package.

He's obviously a different player here than he was in Atlanta. And its likely the coaching staff change, IMO. If he was crappy in Chicago, I would think it's the Wolves coaching staff that wasn't using him right or giving him the surroundings and motivation that he needed to actually perform up to par.

I'm pretty thankful that Hartford is run so damn well and hopefully with Schoney moving up to the Rangers Asst. GM position it will run as well as it has with him there.

As long as Bourret continues to play as good as he did for Hartford when he got there, he should round out to be a nice 1st or 2nd line player.

TheZherdev

Jul 4, 2004
im going to guess hes going to become a 60-70 pt 2nd liner if he pans out. He'll probably be at the top of the list to take shannahan's spot next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad