Ales Hemsky's Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerMania83

Nov 21, 2003
Spruce Grove
When Hemsky reachs his peak, where do you see him ending up overall in the NHL.

I think he has a chance to become in the top 15-20 point leaders at the end of each season. I don't see him becoming a top 10 scorer. I barely see him making the top 20. He is my favorite player though and I value everyone here's opinion...(almost everyone...;))

Sammy*

OilerMania83 said:
When Hemsky reachs his peak, where do you see him ending up overall in the NHL.

I think he has a chance to become in the top 15-20 point leaders at the end of each season. I don't see him becoming a top 10 scorer. I barely see him making the top 20. He is my favorite player though and I value everyone here's opinion...(almost everyone...;))
Potential of a top 10 scorer (maybe 5) with a lot more assists than goals.

OilerMania83

Nov 21, 2003
Spruce Grove
If Hemsky ends up top 10 I'd be quite pleased. Have any of you seen him play in the last 10-15 games? He's been playing TERRIBLE (and I'm the biggest Hemsky homer ever...)

I'm unsure about whats wrong with him. He seems to be burnt out or something..getting knocked off the puck and hasn't showed very much razzle dazzle like he used to. Hopefully he picks it up though.

#83 :D

Thomas

Jul 10, 2003
Waterloo
2minutes.proboards23.com
I can see him racking up the points because hes one of those players who can pass and score. Players who possess both scoring and passing tend to have high points than the pure snipers or pure playmakers. He just needs to shoot the puck more. If he eventually gets back on a line with Smyth and York rather than the 3rd and 4th, and if Edmonton can keep its marquee players after the CBA I can see him being a 25 goal man with about 50 assists a season, and who knows once he gains the experience. I was dissapointed when the Habs drafted Komisarek over Hemsky, and I still am.

The Rage

OilerMania83 said:
If Hemsky ends up top 10 I'd be quite pleased. Have any of you seen him play in the last 10-15 games? He's been playing TERRIBLE (and I'm the biggest Hemsky homer ever...)

I'm unsure about whats wrong with him. He seems to be burnt out or something..getting knocked off the puck and hasn't showed very much razzle dazzle like he used to. Hopefully he picks it up though.

#83 :D

I think his lost weight in the offseason, combined with the fact he didn't weigh much to begin with, has resulted in him having very little ability to withstand the rigors of an NHL campaign. Either that, or MacT has screwed him up. Now that I think of it, the latter is far more likely.

On to the actual thread. Hemskey scored 16 points in the last 16 games of his rookie year when he was only 19. I think he's going to be atleast a point per game player. What I love about the guy is that he's always making daring moves. Some have lambasted his dipsy doodling, but I love it. It's a sharp contrast to the rest of the team. You always know when Hemskey has the puck, even if you don't look at his name and number.

In conclusion, I hope MacT is fired.

OilerMania83

Nov 21, 2003
Spruce Grove
The Rage said:
I think his lost weight in the offseason, combined with the fact he didn't weigh much to begin with, has resulted in him having very little ability to withstand the rigors of an NHL campaign. Either that, or MacT has screwed him up. Now that I think of it, the latter is far more likely.

On to the actual thread. Hemskey scored 16 points in the last 16 games of his rookie year when he was only 19. I think he's going to be atleast a point per game player. What I love about the guy is that he's always making daring moves. Some have lambasted his dipsy doodling, but I love it. It's a sharp contrast to the rest of the team. You always know when Hemskey has the puck, even if you don't look at his name and number.

In conclusion, I hope MacT is fired.

Yes, I notice I can tell Hemsky has the puck by just watching him skate/deke/play in general. I can't do that with most players...just the star ones ;).

I hope MacT gets canned as well..

O.T.

Mar 9, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
I was very impressed with Ales Hemsky during training camp and through out the first quarter of NHL play. But since then he has slowed down considerably, but then again other than York who has'nt gone through a funk so far this season for the Edmonton Oilers?

I absolutely love the style of player Ales is, and I think he has very good potential. I see him struggling through consistency problems through the next few seasons, but once he becomes more consistent I see him turning into a...don't kill me.....a Naslund type player, with less goals of coarse, but I believe that Hemsky will eventually consistently hit the 30 goal mark once he gains more confidence in his game.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
OilerMania83 said:
Yes, I notice I can tell Hemsky has the puck by just watching him skate/deke/play in general. I can't do that with most players...just the star ones ;).

I hope MacT gets canned as well..

Can anyone name a creative player who MacT has not managed to screw up?

Nice guy, but a disaster for a young team. They should have canned him after the playoffs last year.

The Rage

O.T. said:
I was very impressed with Ales Hemsky during training camp and through out the first quarter of NHL play. But since then he has slowed down considerably, but then again other than York who has'nt gone through a funk so far this season for the Edmonton Oilers?

I absolutely love the style of player Ales is, and I think he has very good potential. I see him struggling through consistency problems through the next few seasons, but once he becomes more consistent I see him turning into a...don't kill me.....a Naslund type player, with less goals of coarse, but I believe that Hemsky will eventually consistently hit the 30 goal mark once he gains more confidence in his game.

Quite frankly, even if Hemskey never racks up the points, he's still going to be entertaining as hell to watch.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
I'd say a 20 G, 60 A kind of guy. He should put up similar numbers to Doug Weight did when he was with the Oilers once he develops fully.

OilerMania83

Nov 21, 2003
Spruce Grove
USC Trojans said:
I'd say a 20 G, 60 A kind of guy. He should put up similar numbers to Doug Weight did when he was with the Oilers once he develops fully.

I think Hemsky will be a more exciting player then #39 was/is...and Dougie was an amazing Oilers.

I think Hemsky's peak will see him scoring more around 25-30 goals and getting 35-50 assists. That'd be awesome for Ales.

RokhedCommish

Sep 11, 2002
Alberta, Canada
www.Rokhed.ca
I really hate to say this, being a Flames fan and all, but Hemsky has great otential. Only one problem with his game right now. SO i have a little advice for him. Hey Ales....SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!!!

Oh man it almost pains me to see this guy in the offensive zone. Hemsky could be on a clear breakaway and still be looking around for someone to pass it to! If he actually begins to get some confidence and shoot the puck, even at odd angles, he will be much better. I predict a top 10 in the league in scoring soon after he begins this strategy. Now I am not saying Hemsky should become an Oleg Saprykin kind of player. (i swear Saprykin shoots from behind the net through traffic more often than Hemsky shoots from the slot) Saprykin has got most of his assists because someone picks up his rebound from a bad angle shot, that surprises the goalie.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I pretty sure he will turn into a top end scorer. 80-100 pts if he finaly improve his confidence.

I think the confidence of a player is a very overrated factor, or at least used in too much situation, but, talking about Hemsky, I dont have the choice.

He he's a terific playmaker, maybe the best potential in the NHL right now, and can be expected to score 30-35 per year, but he will have to shoot al leas 30-35 time to reach it.

Dawm, I mean, you could be a better playmaker that Gretz, if you never shoot on gaol, you'll become too easy to size and you wont reach your full potential.

reminds me a lot ofDats in his first 2 years....

BJ21

RokhedCommish

Sep 11, 2002
Alberta, Canada
www.Rokhed.ca
OilerMania83 said:
I think Hemsky has about 10 goals this year...his shooting percentage must be like 50%!

Last time I looked OilerMania, he was the second highest scorer on the Oilers, and had taken the fewest shots of almost the entire team. His shooting percentage IS high which is why he needs to shoot more.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
OilerMania83 said:
I think Hemsky has about 10 goals this year...his shooting percentage must be like 50%!

I was picturing when I sais 35 shots per year... I meant you cant score 35 if you shoots 130 times.

I just mean he realy dosent shoots as much as he need... as Dats was and still a little.

BJ21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->