Aleksander Suglobov tell me about this guy

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Leafs third rated prospect as per Hockeys Future..........what will his career look like, will he make the NHL? will he be a career AHL'er.........how are his skills......Also what happened where he went from the Devils system to the Leafs.......was there a trade?

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
The Leafs got him from New Jersey for the expiring contract of Ken Klee.

A lot of people think he's a bust but that remains to be seen. He'll get a chance to make the Leafs in training camp.

bfire

May 30, 2006
Toronto
www.hockeynut.com
Well he's 25 years old and should be given a shot in the nhl this season..another thing about this guy is he needs to make better use of his teammates, he trys to go end to end everytime he gets the puck..It works sometimes in the AHL, but i doubt it would be as easy in the nhl..

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Leafs third rated prospect as per Hockeys Future..........what will his career look like, will he make the NHL? will he be a career AHL'er.........how are his skills......Also what happened where he went from the Devils system to the Leafs.......was there a trade?

Leafs fans have rated him as their 6th top prospect, as he didn't impress in his brief call-up last year. I hope his skill/talent will translate into a strong 2nd/3rd line winger, but that is entirely up to Suglobov.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=277036

Leeroy Jenkins

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Well he's 25 years old and should be given a shot in the nhl this season..another thing about this guy is he needs to make better use of his teammates, he trys to go end to end everytime he gets the puck..It works sometimes in the AHL, but i doubt it would be as easy in the nhl..
He sounds like a Sergie Berezin clone.

ATLANTARANGER*

He has offensive talent but he needs to be introduced to the goaltender and defensemen on his team.

TopProspect91

Registered Abuser
Sep 11, 2004
Toronto
Positives:
- Very quick and shifty
- Has great puck handling skills
- Knows how to score goals
- Has good hockey knowledge

Negatives:
- His defense is very suspect
- Doesn't always bring his A game
- He's inconsistent

He has a 50/50 chance to crack the Leafs lineup this year. He has a one-way contract heading into the year so I can see him starting on the Leafs this year. If his play is lack lustre and doesn't meets Maurice's demands, then I can see him getting traded.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Next year could be a breakout year for him or a year where he's constantly claimed off waivers by other teams ala Kolanos this year.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Positives:
- Very quick and shifty
- Has great puck handling skills
- Knows how to score goals
- Has good hockey knowledge

Negatives:
- His defense is very suspect
- Doesn't always bring his A game
- He's inconsistent

Mine....

Positives
- Extremely natural goal scorer who definitely has the talent to score a lot of goals at the NHL level
- Good stick handler and skater
- Very competitive and plays with an edge at times

Negatives
- Needs a ton of work in the defensive aspect of the game
- Needs to use his linemates better and not try and do everything himself
- Makes too many low percentage passes in the offensive zone

His career could go either way. If everything 'clicks' for him, he could have a good NHL career. Or he could fizzle out and dissapear off the radar in a couple years. This will likely be the make or break year for him and he will be given a legit chance at making the Leafs roster, although he'll probably have to wait for an injury to become a regular.

The comparison to Sergei Berezin isn't a bad one, although Suglobov's a little more aggressive. Being compared to Berezin isn't all bad- the guy did score 37 goals one year. Of course he was also out of hockey by his early 30's so you be the judge....

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Mine....

Positives
- Extremely natural goal scorer who definitely has the talent to score a lot of goals at the NHL level
- Good stick handler and skater
- Very competitive and plays with an edge at times

Negatives
- Needs a ton of work in the defensive aspect of the game
- Needs to use his linemates better and not try and do everything himself
- Makes too many low percentage passes in the offensive zone

His career could go either way. If everything 'clicks' for him, he could have a good NHL career. Or he could fizzle out and dissapear off the radar in a couple years. This will likely be the make or break year for him and he will be given a legit chance at making the Leafs roster, although he'll probably have to wait for an injury to become a regular.

The comparison to Sergei Berezin isn't a bad one, although Suglobov's a little more aggressive. Being compared to Berezin isn't all bad- the guy did score 37 goals one year. Of course he was also out of hockey by his early 30's so you be the judge....

I think the samething Army said. Well said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad