Helsinki

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
NHL-tähti Aleksander Barkov ajoi hurjaa ylinopeutta: Tuomio liikenneturvallisuuden vaarantamisesta ja yli 46 000 euron sakko!

Barky got a nice little speeding ticket of $54K. 105 km/h at 60 km/h limit. The actual speeding happened last summer. If you wonder how it was that much, here you get fined based on your taxable income if it's more than 20 km/h above the limit.

His taxable income would be what he makes in Finland, correct? I do not know the answer, but I would not think he has to pay taxes for any income he makes in the US.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
And so? It´s the usual Way you drive i german. There is a Street long and Empty let it drive. But the fee :D it´s a joke 1k for every 1 km/h not even switzerland ot Italia are this expensive.
Sasha next Time you wanna drive, put yout car into a Airplane and drive german Highways. Even if yout get caught with 40 km/h more never must pay that amount of money.
In Finland tickets are based on a persons income, which is a great system in my opinion.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
It's not based on taxable income in Finland. It's actual income. If you work abroad, they just ask you how much you make. Then investigate, if they don't believe you (and possibly hit you with an obstruction of justice on top). Speeding by more than 20kph is a criminal matter, so the police will request tax reports from abroad as well, and most countries give them easily. NHL salaries are public anyway, so it's an easy job.

Pro tip: if you're making millions, hire a chauffeur while in Finland

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
In Finland tickets are based on a persons income, which is a great system in my opinion.
ehhh. it incentivizes police to target expensive cars. It also results in a system where two people doing the same thing at the same time are punished differently.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
ehhh. it incentivizes police to target expensive cars. It also results in a system where two people doing the same thing at the same time are punished differently.
State pays the cops in Finland. They get nothing from the fines. There's no provision. And the result is that two people committing the same crime suffer equal consequences.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Someone just needs to tell Barky that when he is driving he isnt playing Forza Horizon 3.

Gosh, what a headcase. Trade this guy for picks already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad