Aleksander 'Sasha' Barkov - Part II

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Have you seen the guy talk to the media ever? I'd be willing to bet he'd rather be here than anywhere else.
This, and Finnish people with an understated persona like Barkov's are generally loyal almost to a fault. I don't see Barkov suddenly deserting his club without trying to make it work any way he can.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
His play tells me that he doesn’t mail it in if he’s unhappy. He’s a professional. That’s all I need to know about him.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Why should barkov get out of Florida, his Agent nearly get any of his Friends and other Player of the Manager to Florida that he feel familiar.
Barkov wouldn´t be able to play his Game on other Teams, bigger Teams build around other Players. Panthers are Build around Barkov, Trocheck, Huberdeau, Ekblad.
Also his statement after his Signing, he want to be in a Place where he can play and stay.
As an example would he still play in Tampere Hockey, he would be play there till he quit. Hockey Players like Barkov are normal in European Area, Players choose a Club and stay there.
The only thing that could destroy that, is with trades. But that will never happen.

Barkov wouldn´t be that recohnized would he play with Crosby, he always would be the Player behind him, same with minnesota, New York, pens, Flyers, Kings, Hawks, San Jose every Team with there Star Player.
A really strange Topic who every opened that.

Last edited:

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
This, and Finnish people with an understated persona like Barkov's are generally loyal almost to a fault. I don't see Barkov suddenly deserting his club without trying to make it work any way he can.
is that why he still plays for his liiga club? or is he just selective with his loyalty? dude he came to the nhl to play against the best and for the money just like everyone else. and if the org refuses to surround him with talent and wont pay him what he's worth after this contract then both of those reasons are gone along with him. don't idolize him. he's not finnish jesus. he'll do what any sane person would do if he realizes management will not pay for a cup.

Last edited:

cribbe

Dec 29, 2015
Why should barkov get out of Florida, his Agent nearly get any of his Friends and other Player of the Manager to Florida that he feel familiar.
Barkov wouldn´t be able to play his Game on other Teams, bigger Teams build around other Players. Panthers are Build around Barkov, Trocheck, Huberdeau, Ekblad.
Also his statement after his Signing, he want to be in a Place where he can play and stay.
As an example would he still play in Tampere Hockey, he would be play there till he quit. Hockey Players like Barkov are normal in European Area, Players choose a Club and stay there.
The only thing that could destroy that, is with trades. But that will never happen.

Barkov wouldn´t be that recohnized would he play with Crosby, he always would be the Player behind him, same with minnesota, New York, pens, Flyers, Kings, Hawks, San Jose every Team with there Star Player.
A really strange Topic who every opened that.
According to my calculations he would probably be the main man on like 25 teams

Reactions: BabyBarkov

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
According to my calculations he would probably be the main man on like 25 teams

But calculation doesnt make you a Star Player. For that teams are more or less Build around. Sure he will be great on other Teams. But for Florida he is our Center. Like Steven Weiss was it.
I mean Barkov drafted, after Weiss sayed he wanna move. So Panthers stay with their main Players and Center. And Barkov feel happy in Florida and for Media Reputation or reputation at all.

Next Year Panthers have there 2 big Finnland Games with the Jets, the Big european marketing campagne from the NHL. I don´t know how ou get more recognition. I mean he was a secret Star Player last and two Years before. When Top Center talking about, including Crosby, its hard to play against him and the Kid is great. Still after all the Mention he was flying under the Radar for the usual Fans, or winning team Fans. For Insider or Hockey Fans his voteing into NHL Top 50 Players, on this Team was no surprise.

Math doesn´t help you anything here.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
is that why he still plays for his liiga club? or is he just slective with his loyalty? dude he came to the nhl to play against the best and for the money just like everyone else. and if the org refuses to surround him with talent and wont pay him what he's worth after this contract then both of those reasons are gone along with him. don't idolize him. he's not finnish jesus. he'll do what any sane person would do if he realizes management will not pay for a cup.

Dude, by liiga do you mean the freaking world championships in which he plays for Finland and every other NHLer goes to play of they get eliminated from or dont make the playoffs?

He hasn't played for liiga since 12-13 lol

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Dumb loyalty often leads into winning nothing. And Barkov is loyal. He will play in Florida until he retires.

But i dont think the Panthers are going to be bad very much longer.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Watching him these past 10 games and even through the season really makes me think he could be a top 5 player in the league, not just a top 5C. He's been better every year and his talent level is just unbelievable! Just somehow make him a tad more selfish and he'll have a 100 point season at some point in his career.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Dude, by liiga do you mean the freaking world championships in which he plays for Finland and every other NHLer goes to play of they get eliminated from or dont make the playoffs?

He hasn't played for liiga since 12-13 lol
I don't know how u could misread what I wrote worse than that.

Reactions: 278 others

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
hes the best center in panthers history.
the best all-around player in panthers history.
bure was the best goal scorer but as far as all-time panther greats itd be bure and barkov.

hes just unbelievable, i mean anytime he has the puck he can carry it through the neutral zone so easily he makes it looks elementary, just dances around everyone. when he has possession his hands and smarts are off the charts and its almost impossible to get it away from him. even when hes on the boards he just has a way to maintain control. he controls play in every facet, big bodied guy, can score, incredible hands and iq, his passing is excellent as well, leads the league in short handed goals too? can play on the pp, the pk, in every situation.

we actually hit a homerun for once. hes our toews, now if only we had a kane to compliment him.

its no wonder why we inquired on karlsson. if you have a top dominant center like barkov and you can have a top dominant d like karlsson? your odds are in good shape for success.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Huberdeau ain't Kane but he's good enough.

What Barkov needs is a Keith-lite player. Hopefully Matheson keeps on improving

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
hes the best center in panthers history.
the best all-around player in panthers history.
bure was the best goal scorer but as far as all-time panther greats itd be bure and barkov.

hes just unbelievable, i mean anytime he has the puck he can carry it through the neutral zone so easily he makes it looks elementary, just dances around everyone. when he has possession his hands and smarts are off the charts and its almost impossible to get it away from him. even when hes on the boards he just has a way to maintain control. he controls play in every facet, big bodied guy, can score, incredible hands and iq, his passing is excellent as well, leads the league in short handed goals too? can play on the pp, the pk, in every situation.

we actually hit a homerun for once. hes our toews, now if only we had a kane to compliment him.

its no wonder why we inquired on karlsson. if you have a top dominant center like barkov and you can have a top dominant d like karlsson? your odds are in good shape for success.
hes definitely better than toews. he hasnt even hit his prime yet and hes already more impressive looking than toews but hes never had the team toews did, so his accomplishments are zero so far. a healthy 25 yr old barkov will be another level than 25 yr old toews. lets hope we still have a team and an actual roster by then.

Reactions: cotopaxi

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Something that may be going under the radar here is he's almost a shoe-in to break the franchise record for assists in a single season (Kozlov: 53) and is challenging for the single-season point record (Bure: 94)

Reactions: Chaos2k7

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Something that may be going under the radar here is he's almost a shoe-in to break the franchise record for assists in a single season (Kozlov: 53) and is challenging for the single-season point record (Bure: 94)

I could see the assist being broken. If not this season, then definitely at some point in the future. The point record will be a lot harder to surpass. Possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
I could see the assist being broken. If not this season, then definitely at some point in the future. The point record will be a lot harder to surpass. Possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

12 assists in 18 games? At his current pace, he projects to 53 on the nose. He's also been on a tear lately so I'd say this season is very possible.

The point mark, you're more likely correct. I don't necessarily see it this year, but again it's possible. Currently he projects to 85 points on the year but that also takes into account the slow start.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Overlooked stat but he has 14 PIMs in 63 games. On pace for 18 in 81 games the season. For a team that takes a fair bit of them, he doesn't find himself in the sin bin too often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad