Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 5* vs CLE | Wed, Oct 19 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Merritt vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
That lineup outside of JD is brutal.

I didn't say that was the lineup.

Goins and Smoak will be back ups.

Upton will likely be a bench/platoon player.

You know, they're going to make some moves right?

The point is: they're in excellent shape going forward. Just have to see how the winter develops.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
they weren't humiliated at all. Offense was trash but every other part of the team was great. We were out scored by a total of 4 runs this series.

What the hell do you think I'm talking about? The bats were pathetic. Their pitching completely embarrassed our hitters. Our bats made Josh Tomlin look like a Cy Young caliber pitcher. We scored 3 runs, in games 1, 2, 3, 5 combined. That is embarrassing.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Well, damn. This series wasn't so great, and losing always sucks. But the playoffs as a whole was good. Starting with the epic 11th inning walk off HR in the Wild Card game and then the sweep of Texas with Odor erroring the winning run home, those were great games.

The Jays just ran into some amazing pitching in Cleveland and lost. That team swept the best offensive team in the AL, so it's no shame losing in 5.

Cheers guys. :)

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Let's pray that our rotation stays as healthy as it did this season. I mean, we did get a little lucky that we did not have any starter miss significant time this season. Can that repeat?

Starters missed zero time this year. Estrada started the season a little late, but the off days in the early weeks meant they could use four guys.

It will be impossible to repeat.

Fortunately, they have some depth with five quality major league starters on the roster and Biagini (a career starter until this year) in the system.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Let's pray that our rotation stays as healthy as it did this season. I mean, we did get a little lucky that we did not have any starter miss significant time this season. Can that repeat?

Outside of Sanchez none of our starters throw 95+.

the Starting pitchers that usually end up on DL's are the guys who consistently hit 95+

Next year we will start to have some SP depth in the higher minors with some of the A ball kids progressing to AA and AAA.

I don't think SP is a concern at all. OF and Edwin (or replacing Edwin) are the two biggest questions this off season.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
I didn't say that was the lineup.

Goins and Smoak will be back ups.

Upton will likely be a bench/platoon player.

You know, they're going to make some moves right?

The point is: they're in excellent shape going forward. Just have to see how the winter develops.

I know but there aren't any good pieces in that current lineup for hitters outside of JD.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
You don't tear a team apart that lost back to back ALCS. I'm sorry, you just don't. Look at the Bulls and Oilers before they started winning...they were getting knocked out in the conference semi's consistently.

This team has unfinished business. Before you win you have to taste defeat. Bring back Jose, Edwin, Brett & Michael and let's get it DONE next year.
I don't think anyone rational would think that they need to tear this team apart, a few tweaks are needed but not much.

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
On a more positive note. No matter what happens, both Jose and Edwin are locks for the Level of Excellence. I'd be sick to my stomach seeing them don Red Sox jerseys though.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I know but there aren't any good pieces in that current lineup for hitters outside of JD.

Thus, the off season moves.

Get it?

They have holes to fill.

They will spend the winter trying to fill them. There's not reason they can't. They have a world class pitching rotation and money to spend. They will be a desirable destination for players.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
What the hell do you think I'm talking about? The bats were pathetic. Their pitching completely embarrassed our hitters. Our bats made Josh Tomlin look like a Cy Young caliber pitcher. We scored 3 runs, in games 1, 2, 3, 5 combined. That is embarrassing.

well i wouldn't say the jays were humiliated as a team or the results were really that shocking. The Jays offense has been frustrating much of the season and this is simply an extension of that. Perhaps the texas series made people forget all those weeks of terrible AB's and hopeless offensive showings. Our bats made a lot of pitchers look like Cy Young in September so really if anybody should be humiliated it's the Rangers starting pitching. Texas Starters were pretty much the only pitchers the jays could hit the past two months.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Congrats to the Jays and another successful season.

Would love them back, but if not I hope the best for EE, and Bautista.

Jays :clap:

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Overall, i'm pleased with getting to the ALCS again, but man was this a frustrating series to watch. Offence just completely dried up. Hopefully we make the necessary changes and advance to the world series next year.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
A power laden lineup is not enough if players can't hit for average. Our World Series teams in the 90's had several players that hit .300 or close to it. Management has to try and address that in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->