Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 5* vs CLE | Wed, Oct 19 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Merritt vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Jose gave the team a chance by getting on base but nothing else happened... describes most of his tenure with the Blue Jays :laugh:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Frustrating that our strength coming into this season actually let us down in the end. Unreal. As for our pitching I really hope they all stay healthy again next season. I don't know if we can expect Happ to replicate his numbers, though.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Looking forward to seeing how the NLCs shakes, really hoping the Cubs make it. That series I think is going at least 6 games, awesome baseball to watch IMO.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Players on the current roster returning next year:

Travis
Donaldson
Tulo
Martin
Pillar
Upton
Smoak
Goins
Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ
Liriano
Osuna
Biagini (assuming he's not sent to the minors to work on starting)
Grilli (if they pick up his option)

They will have cash to spend.

No reason this team won't contend next year.

bmil

Mar 1, 2006
Kitchener, ON
You don't tear a team apart that lost back to back ALCS. I'm sorry, you just don't. Look at the Bulls and Oilers before they started winning...they were getting knocked out in the conference semi's consistently.

This team has unfinished business. Before you win you have to taste defeat. Bring back Jose, Edwin, Brett & Michael and let's get it DONE next year.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Feels really bad man.

Still, it was a great season. Hard to be too disappointed with an ALCS appearance, especially since the MLB postseason is such a crapshoot.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Looking forward to seeing how the NLCs shakes, really hoping the Cubs make it. That series I think is going at least 6 games, awesome baseball to watch IMO.

If it's Cub vs. Cleveland, does the world explode?

Or does it go seven games and in the last game the game goes to the 32nd inning and has to be called off when everybody is out of pitchers? :laugh:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
They lost in the ALCS......

They were humiliated, in the ALCS, yes.

"but we beat da texas rangers!" Cool story bro. Let me know when we can beat another team besides the Rangers in the Post-Season, and then follow it up by not getting absolutely embarrassed the next series.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
My favourite memory from the last 2 years is still the Bautista home run and bat flip. This core actually gave us some good/great memories it's just too bad they fell short of a championship.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

Travis
Donaldson
Tulo
Martin
Pillar
Upton
Smoak
Goins
Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ
Liriano
Osuna

Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ
Liriano

If those guys play like they did for us this year, that's a ridiculous group of starters. Big question is what happens with JB/EE and if one (or both) walk, what do we replace them with.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014

Travis
Donaldson
Tulo
Martin
Pillar
Upton
Smoak
Goins
Stroman
Sanchez
Estrada
Happ
Liriano
Osuna

That lineup outside of JD is brutal.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Good run/season Blue Jays!

Sad to see it end but it was a fun couple of weeks :yo:

Hope to see them back next year. Best of luck in 2017 guys :handclap:

Also congrats to Cleveland. Solid team and definately worthy of representing the AL in the World Series :thumbu:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
You don't tear a team apart that lost back to back ALCS. I'm sorry, you just don't. Look at the Bulls and Oilers before they started winning...they were getting knocked out in the conference semi's consistently.

This team has unfinished business. Before you win you have to taste defeat. Bring back Jose, Edwin, Brett & Michael and let's get it DONE next year.

Hear, hear!:cheers:

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I think if the Jays, as the rumor goes, don't resign him you will see the goodwill the Jays have accrued evaporate under the heat of rage of Jays fans. Losing Bautista is one thing. Losing both? Unacceptable.

Yeah i mean who wants to win in the playoffs anyway?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
They played well but let's be honest, Beltre and Desmond blew that game wide open

What's the saying, give an inch, take a mile? Jays did that and that's what good teams do.

Cleveland did that in this series with the timely hitting and their ability to shorten the game with the pen when being staked to an early lead.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Let's pray that our rotation stays as healthy as it did this season. I mean, we did get a little lucky that we did not have any starter miss significant time this season. Can that repeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->