Alain Vigneault will be the first coach fired this season

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Rangers starting 1-5 on the year, terrible lines and D-pairings, players look utterly lost and unmotivated, lack of mid-game adjustments, a tired system that is easily countered by opponents and doesn't work anymore.

AV is a goner by the end of the week.

And Rangers fans can only pray the replacement isn't Lindy Ruff.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Rangers look really bad. Zero creativity.

Devils have been playing with only 9 forwards for most of the game, totally worn out. Yet the Rangers haven't done anything to capitalise.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The issues always reflected in the defensive zone and now they're creeping into the offensive zone, which is what everyone sees, but the issue is really the neutral zone.

AV thinks it doesn't exist. He doesn't coach it, and there's no system for it whatsoever. No zone entries allowed, no zone denials allowed, no disrupting allowed, no passing allowed. On offense, you skate to the line and dump it in (and our chase is often dead before it starts because teams are expecting this now). On defense, you do nothing and just back up until the other team has already gained the zone.

The neutral zone is not a thing. Don't coach it, don't play it, don't bother with it. AV hockey.

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
Rangers starting 1-5 on the year, terrible lines and D-pairings, players look utterly lost and unmotivated, lack of mid-game adjustments, a tired system that is easily countered by opponents and doesn't work anymore.

AV is a goner by the end of the week.

And Rangers fans can only pray the replacement isn't Lindy Ruff.

Ruff is clearly there to replace Vigneault at some point.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ruff is clearly there to replace Vigneault at some point.

I would take it.

Ruff isn't a great coach but AV has lost it. He's really not all there. The dude is fried and needs to take some time off from the game.

There's plenty of coaches that have a philosophy that I don't agree with, but they stick to it and enact it. The thing with AV is that he constantly contradicts himself and his supposed philosophy. AV himself doesn't even know what he's going for anymore.

Reactions: DarbyHendrickson

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
And besides, our defense sucks.
You must be speaking systematically, because personnel wise it's unquestionably better. Right?

It would probably help if Marc Staal and Nick Holden weren't playing and instead Tony Deangelo and Bereglazov were regulars. Upfront, Deharnais and Carey are regulars. Cracknell was a decent pickup and Fast is still on IR. I'd recommend looking at adding some better players for that line.

I don't watch them enough to really know though. But with a bad start and considering the competition in that division, it's critical they don't sit and wait and figure it all out.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Would you take Giradi back?

Don't be ridiculous.

You must be speaking systematically, because personnel wise it's unquestionably better. Right?

It would probably help if Marc Staal and Nick Holden weren't playing and instead Tony Deangelo and Bereglazov were regulars. Upfront, Deharnais and Carey are regulars. Cracknell was a decent pickup and Fast is still on IR. I'd recommend looking at adding some better players for that line.

I don't watch them enough to really know though. But with a bad start and considering the competition in that division, it's critical they don't sit and wait and figure it all out.

Unquestionably, the personnel is vastly improved. That's why we're mad at AV.

Yes, we have a few holes here and there but nothing that every team doesn't put up with and nothing compared to the black holes we had last year.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lundqvist has been good so far, aside from the Leafs game. Pavelec has been serviceable.

It hasn't been a goaltending problem.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Maybe if AV stopped changing the D pairs for more than a single game, we'd get somewhere.

McDonagh has had 4 different partners. It has been 6 games.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I hope so, I'd like to see him get a chance with a better team. AV to the Oilers.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I said this in the other thread.

He is not adapting or trying. I mean outside of mashing lines. We have observed a failing system with no will to change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad