Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
Think it's a little silly for people to be acting as if AV couldn't coach a team if his life depended on it- he definitely has his flaws, as does every coach, and I would welcome a new coach to oversee the rebuild...but let's not kid ourselves; AV would be fired before breakfast and hired before lunch. He has had a lot of success and is a good coach. Just not for this team anymore

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He’s a good coach with the right roster who seems to not be capable of tailoring a system to a changing roster. He’s run his course here, but he will quickly find another job and win a lot of games there.
Providing that he goes to a team which features one of the best goalies in the league.

Reactions: shinchanyo

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The 14-15 team was better.

The roster has gone steadily downhill from there.

Disagree. That 13-14 team once they adapted to the system was world's better.

The 14-15 team was basically the 2010 Chicago team with a good goalie.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
To go after AV is really unfair IMO. He could've brought us the cup a few times already a few years ago when we had a good team with an average goalie. Now we simply have no team. Time to rebuild.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
To go after AV is really unfair IMO. He could've brought us the cup a few times already a few years ago when we had a good team with an average goalie. Now we simply have no team. Time to rebuild.

tenor.gif

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Or it's just as possible that they only failed to win BECAUSE of him.

Based on what many here are saying about your assessment of the level of goaltending I have to think you just waded into the deep end with deflated swimmies. You tried to analyze, you gave it a shot, no shame in that, but you just didn't have the training or equipment needed

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
What's the all time record for most goals given up I. The first 5 minutes of a game for a season? Its obscure but I can't imagine were that far off....

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Disagree. That 13-14 team once they adapted to the system was world's better.

The 14-15 team was basically the 2010 Chicago team with a good goalie.

Did you mean another team? The 2010 Chicago team won the cup and is considered one of the best cup winning teams post-lockout. To compare them unfavorably to the 14-15 team and say that the 14-15 team is worse than the 13-14 team because they're a better version of the 2010 Chicago team is odd unless you made a mistake somewhere.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I can't believe there are still some fans who think he's great with young players or that none of this is his fault. To be fair, not all of it is his fault, but to say he's blameless is mindblowingly stupid.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I get that AV is good for the tank, But player evaluation is impossible in his system. Thats about the only thing that matters right now, and we can't do it because errrrbody is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->