Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buchnevich is not one of the team's best players at even strength. Far from it. You should consider his 1st PP minutes a blessing at this point.

Blessing? You seem to only care about defending AV instead of whats best for the team? If you cared about what's best for the team, you wouldn't defend this, and put forward such a flawed argument against a player who plays for your team.

His 5 on 5 P/60 and possession numbers were very good last season, certainly at the level of a top 6 player. And his numbers this year are excellent so far, I'm having trouble getting a site to load that has the exact numbers, but Machinehead posted the other day that he's top 20 in the league in xGF%, his point totals are good, his possession numbers, and its obvious from his play that he's playing really well, this isn't just about his stats, not even the main point of evidence, that would be his play on the ice, which nearly everyone says is very good. Maybe you should start defending the interest of the team, instead of the coach who nearly everyone agrees is out of his mind with the decisions he's making.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Ruff will be the coach come January. No way they are going to go after Sutter this year. Maybe in the off-season if Ruff craps the bed completely.

If that's the case they should just make Ruff the coach now. If they wait until January, then the season is toast... unless that's the idea I guess.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Good luck, AV - Jets is probably a better option for u now - we need to upgrade our defensive structure of this team.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I team is atrocious in their own zone and you want to give the HC job to the guy who runs the defense?

The Rangers have been in the bottom 10 in High Danger Scoring Chances Against every year AV has been coach.

Lol at pinning this on Ruff. I doubt it'd improve much under him, but there are other areas that would improve dramatically.

This is coming from someone who wants no part of Ruff as HC beyond a short interim stint.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I team is atrocious in their own zone and you want to give the HC job to the guy who runs the defense?

The Rangers employ the same man-to-man system today as they have the past few years. And it's a house of cards. I won't pretend to know the internal workings of the Rangers coaching staff but to me it's as if Samuelsson, Beukeboom, and now Ruff do nothing beyond drill the guys in practice and calling out jersey numbers during the game.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Rangers employ the same man-to-man system today as they have the past few years. And it's a house of cards. I won't pretend to know the internal workings of the Rangers coaching staff but to me it's as if Samuelsson, Beukeboom, and now Ruff do nothing beyond drill the guys in practice and calling out jersey numbers during the game.

Exactly.

This team hasn't been stellar defensively under AV. Most people didn't pay it any mind until recently because either Lundqvist was saving the day or they would outscore their mistakes like 90% of the time as they did in 2014-15.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Arniel it is!

But no, Ruff being named in interim would more or less be a lock.

I hav a gut feeling that if AV is fired, Arniel will be too. It's well known that him and AV are close friends and also co-workers. Ruff is the outside hire in this case, I have a feeling he'll be calling shots as to who he wants assisting. Daryl Williams is a Gorton hire, not a Sather or AV hire from what I can tell. I just noticed this, but Allaire is listed as both an Assistant Coach and Goalie Coach on NHL.com

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/team/front-office

If AV is fired, I think Arniel is too, and they go with Ruff, Williams, and then probably pull in another nobody or re-hire someone who was recently fired from the coaching staff.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
The last two NYR head coaches have had a shelf life of about 320 games. Renney coached 327. Tortorella got 315. AV is at 328. It's equal to about four 82-game seasons. Then they're gone.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
His biggest point of security was that the team wins games with him behind the bench.

I’d say it’s about that time for him.

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I don't see how getting rid of Vig for Lindy Ruff would change anything about their style of play.

Vig wants a fast run & gun team
Ruff wants a fast run & gun team

Same thing, still giving up 4 goals a game

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
We should keep AV around FOREVER. Or better yet we should bring back Mike Keenan.

What's happened in the past is WAY more important than what's happening now or what will probably happen in the near future.

Reactions: Ail

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Yeah I don't understand responses like this and I probably shouldn't even pay this any attention but...

Just because Nebraska has made a series of bad hires doesn't mean that the Rangers shouldn't axe one of their own.

I dont know. Its kind of compelling logic. If this one football team fired their coach and it didn't work out... who is to say it wont fail for us as well?

The more I think about it , the more I feel if it doesn't work for Nebraska football, then frankly it seems doomed to fail here.

#ForeverAV

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
2nd worst start through 7 games in the history of a franchise that's been around for 90 years and that, somehow, doesn't get you fired. Just amazing.

And stupefying
To be honest, I somehow believe the only reason AV hasn't been fired yet is because the FO thinks there isn't a better or viable alternative right now.

I just don't see the Rangers as a franchise that would experiment with a new/unproven coach.
Although at this point I wouldn't even care if they made Messier or even Richter a coach... just let this season die with some sort of dignity.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
To be honest, I somehow believe the only reason AV hasn't been fired yet is because the FO thinks there isn't a better or viable alternative right now.

I just don't see the Rangers as a franchise that would experiment with a new/unproven coach.
Although at this point I wouldn't even care if they made Messier or even Richter a coach... just let this season die with some sort of dignity.
Yet we’re a franchise that would trade a first round pick for a head coach. The Rangers can make some completely ridiculous moves at any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad