Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Give chemistry a chance!

i heard the organization developed an internal app that is on players' phones. When two players walk by each other, they get alerted if they are match.

i heard they're still fine-tuning the algorithms.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
These boards would be sour on Sutter within a season.

I wouldn't be so sure. He screams enough to make the Torts fans happy while producing good enough possession stats to make the analytics crowd happy , while he plays enough defensive hockey to help goalies and make the Hank fanboys swoon, and he's good enough with young player development to make the "look to the future" crowd content.

He just needs to chew some gum and never call a timeout and we'll be all set.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I wouldn't be so sure. He screams enough to make the Torts fans happy while producing good enough possession stats to make the analytics crowd happy , while he plays enough defensive hockey to help goalies and make the Hank fanboys swoon, and he's good enough with young player development to make the "look to the future" crowd content.

He just needs to chew some gum and never call a timeout and we'll be all set.
:laugh:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Give chemistry a chance!

i heard the organization developed an internal app that is on players' phones. When two players walk by each other, they get alerted if they are match.

There ya go!!

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Alain walks into a fortunetellers booth and asks "When will I be fired?"

The fortuneteller says "It will be a holiday."

Alain momentarily chokes half to death on Dentyne Ice. He ends up being saved by the fact that he's such a clutz that he slipped on the tablecloth and landed sternum first on a chair.

He collects himself, smoothes out what’s left of his doofy hairline and asks “Where’s the bathroom?”

Confused, the fortuneteller asks “Don’t you want to know how I know you’ll be fired on a holiday?”

Without much thought, a real stretch for Vigneault, I know, he replies “Nah, I don’t really give a ****, plus I accidentally pissed myself.”

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buchnevich didn't even play 6 minutes at 5 on 5, despite scoring a goal and drawing two penalties and having a 64% corsi at 5 on 5 in this game.

The coach needs to be held accountable for his decision making. I hope the GM is telling him to get it together, otherwise he'll get sacked.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Rangers, forget about the CDs you left in his truck and just go.

Last edited:
Reactions: shinchanyo

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Buchnevich didn't even play 6 minutes at 5 on 5, despite scoring a goal and drawing two penalties and having a 64% corsi at 5 on 5 in this game.

The coach needs to be held accountable for his decision making. I hope the GM is telling him to get it together, otherwise he'll get sacked.

I think AV knows his time is drawing near. He seems resigned at this point.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

I agree he doesn't deserve to be on the fourth line, but he got fourth-line minutes, and he got PP time. He and Grabner with Cracker got some good zone time on their shifts with the simple chip-and-chase play.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It sucks for Buch, but the lines were pretty ok tonight. Got DD and Miller going. Vesey showed some life in a long time. Hayes was good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It sucks for Buch, but the lines were pretty ok tonight. Got DD and Miller going. Vesey showed some life in a long time. Hayes was good.

You don't put one of your best forwards on the 4th line, unless you divide ice time by ability of the players, not the line they are playing on, which is something AV doesn't do.

You can say the lines were good, but we lost, and he had one of his best forwards playing the second least minutes on the team while playing him on the 4th line, during a game he was really good. Terrible coaching.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Still here? Damn. Thought he would be gone by now.

1-5-1. Please spare us. Enough is enough. We will not win with him as coach. This team does not respect him otherwise they wouldn’t be giving up goals in the first minute of every game.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
You don't put one of your best forwards on the 4th line, unless you divide ice time by ability of the players, not the line they are playing on, which is something AV doesn't do.

You can say the lines were good, but we lost, and he had one of his best forwards playing the second least minutes on the team while playing him on the 4th line, during a game he was really good. Terrible coaching.

This I can agree with mostly, if this season is going the way it is, they need to try to develop Buch. I think the problem is which center do they put him where he can develop? Not on the 4th line but Zbad and Hayes both kind of stink defensively. Putting them with either of those two means everything gets blamed on Buch even when it's the centers fault. If they had a good two way center, playing Buch with him and then putting a decent play maker on the other side would make sense, but they don't.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Give chemistry a chance!

What part of the inputs include giveaways and no defense?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This I can agree with mostly, if this season is going the way it is, they need to try to develop Buch. I think the problem is which center do they put him where he can develop? Not on the 4th line but Zbad and Hayes both kind of stink defensively. Putting them with either of those two means everything gets blamed on Buch even when it's the centers fault. If they had a good two way center, playing Buch with him and then putting a decent play maker on the other side would make sense, but they don't.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich never should have been broken up, they were doing great, AV is clueless.

Defensively? Yeah, not the best, but you expect your top line to score points, defense comes second, thats why you have shutdown lines. I don't know how the answer defensively is Desharnais in the top 6.

Reactions: Off Sides

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Still here? Damn. Thought he would be gone by now.

1-5-1. Please spare us. Enough is enough. We will not win with him as coach. This team does not respect him otherwise they wouldn’t be giving up goals in the first minute of every game.

Like I said, we are in the two week zone that's going to be critical.

With that said, they drop the next two and I think he's toast.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Buchnevich is not one of the team's best players at even strength. Far from it. You should consider his 1st PP minutes a blessing at this point.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich never should have been broken up, they were doing great, AV is clueless.

Defensively? Yeah, not the best, but you expect your top line to score points, defense comes second, thats why you have shutdown lines. I don't know how the answer defensively is Desharnais in the top 6.

Nice. A mentality like this causes plenty of games like the debacle in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad