Akim leaves team Again

Transported Upstater

Aliu, that sound you are hearing is your draft stock plummeting...

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
this will have a big impact on where he gets picked. first round is out of the question right now.

Transported Upstater

this will have a big impact on where he gets picked. first round is out of the question right now.

I think people were willing to cut him some slack (partly) from the Windsor incident. I think all of the parties involved would like to move on from that, and they have.

But disciplinary problems with Aliu are starting to become an epidemic. And skerbud is right, this is bad news to an NHL organization.

A player's character is often a very important part of his draft stock, and Aliu's character flat-out sucks right now. I don't want to speculate (in fact, HF doesn't really allow it if it is libel-esque) too far on what exactly happened, but Aliu just doesn't appear to listen to authority and seems to march to the beat of his own drum. That WON'T CUT IT at the next level. Hopefully he realizes this, and realizes it soon.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
He was suspended indefinitely by the team, he didn't leave.

I'm sure more details will leak out as to the reason/s. Strange that they listed reasons why he wasn't suspended.

Matsi

got paws?
Mar 22, 2005
Chiricahua Mountains
hmm never heard of him, is he good? seems he's of albanian descent. there was an albanian girl that i went to school from 1st to 6th grade, her last name was also aliu... still, i've never heard of that guy:dunno:

ooops, i've just seen that he's from nigeria :huh:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
hmm never heard of him, is he good? seems he's of albanian descent. there was an albanian girl that i went to school from 1st to 6th grade, her last name was also aliu... still, i've never heard of that guy:dunno:

ooops, i've just seen that he's from nigeria :huh:

You've heard the saying "Million dollar talent with a 10 cent head?" I've heard it more than a few times in reference to Aliu.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'd definitely like the Rangers to take a chance on him in the 4th round or so if he fell that far. OOZING with talent. Put him in Hartford and he'll get straightened out.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

If he falls as far as the 3rd round, I could see Lou taking a chance on the kid. Since we don't have a 1st round pick this year and our 2nd is looking more and more like a early 3rd, I think Lou will be pleased to select a potential 1st round pick with one of his two 3rd rounders.

But who knows with Lou :dunno:

Roger's Pancreas*

I'd definitely like the Rangers to take a chance on him in the 4th round or so if he fell that far. OOZING with talent. Put him in Hartford and he'll get straightened out.
Wouldn't that be something. Aliu in New York and Downie in Philadelphia to meet eight times a year.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
If he falls as far as the 3rd round, I could see Lou taking a chance on the kid. Since we don't have a 1st round pick this year and our 2nd is looking more and more like a early 3rd, I think Lou will be pleased to select a potential 1st round pick with one of his two 3rd rounders.

But who knows with Lou :dunno:
Lou would sign him to the max in his first rfa season, then play the cap game, stash Elias on IR until the playoffs, fill a team with draft picks from other teams that were never tendered offers, win the cup while all the posters here debate whether Stevens and Niedermayer made Brodeur or vice versa.

Freakin maniacal genious that Lou is. Although I would laughmy ass off if the Flyers drafted him

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
ehh i dont know about soft...he can chuck him when hes willing....his fight against Wallingford was a doozie even though he was on spaghetti legs at the end

Yes he can drop the mitts and can lay a big hit...but the amount of times I have seen him battle in traffic to score a big goal are almost non-existant.

Not soft in a physical way, but in the fact he's not a go through the wall to get there kind of player.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
he sound like someone the wings will pick. we will probably trade our 1st rounder for a couple of second's and a late round pick and pick him late in the second round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad