AkBars Kazan 2017/2018 Champions Thread

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
I'm seriously worried about Malykhin atm - he supposedly should have been let out of the injured box back in December, it's almost February and no good news. Would be sad to not have him in the playoffs

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I'm seriously worried about Malykhin atm - he supposedly should have been let out of the injured box back in December, it's almost February and no good news. Would be sad to not have him in the playoffs
Me too, me too...

All those injuries never let us settle down and play with a healthy roster for a stretch.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
AkBars wins 3rd Gagarin Cup!

1135894339.jpg

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Well, the season is over, some things that still bother me:

- Malykhin problem - he obviously wasn't very amused he was benched basically whole playoffs for no reason (probably Bill was not sure he can hold the tempo after such long recovery), and the usual shit-stirrers at BO are stirring it again. I personally hope he won't leave - we can safely move either Burmi or Tkachyov to the right flank (Sekac injury showed that we have no decent RW if he's down), retire Svitov and get rid of Popov if center line is too stacked. In any case, there's 2 centers in every line except Zaripov-Tkachyov-Galiev, so there should not be an issue.

- Our PP is nonexistent if Vasya is injured, so we actually need at least one offensive minded right-handed LD or RD. Funny fact: Tokranov got almost the same amount of points as our 2nd liners while playing only half the games. Of course, he should be resigned, he deserves good paygrade (if BO rumors were true) and respect.

- We need someone like Sekac on RW who can move fast and has a decent shot. To be honest, I did not get why Klinkhammer was called to replace him when Sekac was insured, I'd say Kosov or Yaz'kov are probably much better since they can skate at much higher speeds and have decent shots.

- While I don't believe that Garipov would try to go overseas, we need (another) decent goalie - Sharychenkov isn't much better than Bilyalov, if not worse.

Overall, it was a good season, my expectations were exceeded, even if some luck (MMg, Salavat and Avangard imploding at the same time) helped us to get to the finals with minimal injuries.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, the season is over, some things that still bother me:

- Malykhin problem - he obviously wasn't very amused he was benched basically whole playoffs for no reason (probably Bill was not sure he can hold the tempo after such long recovery), and the usual ****-stirrers at BO are stirring it again. I personally hope he won't leave - we can safely move either Burmi or Tkachyov to the right flank (Sekac injury showed that we have no decent RW if he's down), retire Svitov and get rid of Popov if center line is too stacked. In any case, there's 2 centers in every line except Zaripov-Tkachyov-Galiev, so there should not be an issue.

- Our PP is nonexistent if Vasya is injured, so we actually need at least one offensive minded right-handed LD or RD. Funny fact: Tokranov got almost the same amount of points as our 2nd liners while playing only half the games. Of course, he should be resigned, he deserves good paygrade (if BO rumors were true) and respect.

- We need someone like Sekac on RW who can move fast and has a decent shot. To be honest, I did not get why Klinkhammer was called to replace him when Sekac was insured, I'd say Kosov or Yaz'kov are probably much better since they can skate at much higher speeds and have decent shots.

- While I don't believe that Garipov would try to go overseas, we need (another) decent goalie - Sharychenkov isn't much better than Bilyalov, if not worse.

Overall, it was a good season, my expectations were exceeded, even if some luck (MMg, Salavat and Avangard imploding at the same time) helped us to get to the finals with minimal injuries.

I see no problem with Malykhin. Aftervthe injury understandable that he wasn't put in just like that. He can live with it.

PP was decent in the playoffs. With Azevedo and Zaripov healthy it works.

Musin will not return so I heard. Good. The D is not brilliant, but who has a brilliant one in the KHL? We don't develop defencemen. The biggest concern is kids like Zhuravlyov and Knyazev running off like them young idiots do. Otherwise the D is decent and young enough.

Klinkhammer replaced Sekac because of Bill's obsession with a foreigner line. Otherwise Rob is a decent asset. I like him as a midfle 6 player. He should get a bonus for that goal. I have no problem with some rewards for this championship run.

Also gone are Glinkin and Obukhov per rumor mill. Opens up space for guys like Yaz'kov and Kosov. Like them both. Different types, both a good fit.

And we need a goalie. If Garipov leaves I am all for it. There are enough goalies on the market. And with Garipov gone we would not have a personal friend's son blocking the starter position and could let the kids play. Even Sharychenkov(if he stays) and Bilyalov. Who knows, they might get around the corner.

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Musin will not return so I heard. Good. The D is not brilliant, but who has a brilliant one in the KHL?
Yeah, that's what I meant, basically - we were one injury away (and both Tokranov and Yarullin already played with serious injuries) from Musin. I dreaded the day it could have happened. Thankfully, everyone else kept playing.
Otherwise Rob is a decent asset. I like him as a midfle 6 player. He should get a bonus for that goal. I have no problem with some rewards for this championship run.
I'm not saying he's bad, I just said, as Bill quipped after the first game with Traktor, that Sekac is hard to replace.

There are enough goalies on the market.
There's Pod'yapolsky in Bars, he was decent in Kuznya, as far as I remember.
PP was decent in the playoffs. With Azevedo and Zaripov healthy it works
I'm not saying that Markov is bad or that PP was completely atrocious, it's just Tokranov seems to be the only D who knows how to throw the puck.

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Some updates:
- Some key players were re-signed (Azevedo, Glukhov, Garipov, probably most of the RFAs, except Yaz'kov)
- Padakin as Galiyev 2.0 - no one knows what he'll turn out to be in the next playoffs
- Some substantial losses - Ohtaamaa (can't go against family, I guess, finns (Norrena, Vehanen) are somehow predisposed to this issue), Yaz'kov (extremely shady practice by Metallurg, market is already overpumped to start poaching RFAs in this way), and sadly, Tokranov (I won't say he betrayed the team but it's not good to go away like that even if Petersburg mafia made you an offer you cannot refuse)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Some updates:
- Some key players were re-signed (Azevedo, Glukhov, Garipov, probably most of the RFAs, except Yaz'kov)
- Padakin as Galiyev 2.0 - no one knows what he'll turn out to be in the next playoffs
- Some substantial losses - Ohtaamaa (can't go against family, I guess, finns (Norrena, Vehanen) are somehow predisposed to this issue), Yaz'kov (extremely shady practice by Metallurg, market is already overpumped to start poaching RFAs in this way), and sadly, Tokranov (I won't say he betrayed the team but it's not good to go away like that even if Petersburg mafia made you an offer you cannot refuse)
Tokranov is replacable. Good thing we know know what kind of a person he is. He was by far not a star and struggled for quite some time and the org showed some patience and commitment developing him. I am taking bets on how long till he is on the NT. My bet is next best tournament. All the best, Andriy Tokranov.

Except for Yaz'kov I don't see any significant losses. And Yaz'kov only because of age. Ohtamaa has done what he came here to do. I have no trouble with hired guns moving on. All fair and thanks for the job well done.

They should not change much anyway. The core is stable. All we need are some tweaks here and there along the way.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
OH man I miss Markov! How did he do? How many points did he make or in the playoffs? 1 more year with the habs please!

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
33 pts in the regular season (also, two very hilarious self-goals), 3 points in the playoffs, he was in the more defensive minute-eating role though, although he received a lot of PP time. It's just we had three 'park the bus' teams in run to the Cup, and he did not fare well against them (we have 4+1 setup, and Tokranov was the PP1 defender most of the time when he was out of the press box)

Reactions: GHJimmy

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
OH man I miss Markov! How did he do? How many points did he make or in the playoffs? 1 more year with the habs please!
He is officially old. With his smarts he can still be a roster player, but not a star anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad