69. Alexandr Burmistrov
89. Artem Lukoyanov
92. Jiri Sekac
97. Alexei Potapov
98. Fyodor Malykhin

Arena:
Главная | TATNEFT ARENA / ТАТНЕФТЬ АРЕНА
Official site:
Официальный сайт хоккейного клуба "Ак Барс" (ООО "СКП "Татнефть-Ак Барс"). Главная страница

Official YouTube Channel: Ak Bars

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/ak_bars_ru

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Preview:

Projected lineup:

Zaripov - Tkachyov - Malyhin

Azevedo - Lander - Sekac

Glinkin - Popov - Lukoyanov

Arhipov - Svitov - Chibisov

Young contenders: Lazarev - Miheev - Tyanulin

Yarullin - Batyrshin

Ohtamaa - Tokranov

Musin - Zaharchuk

Sidorov - Abrosimov

Lyamkin, Fatkullin

Garipov
Bilyalov

The roster depth remains. The offence can be shuffled a lot if needed. Injuries and rotation will give young guys chances. The D is more mature and is basically set with the mix of youth and experience, offence and physicality. Sidorov and Lyamkin are the ones I expect big steps forward from. Bilyalov finally is on the big team. I am eager to see how he performs as a backup. I am not a fan of Garipov because he stopped growing and is still prone to mistakes, especially in big games. He is still a good starter for now.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Also, I would assume Ak Bars is free from the financial commitment to Zaripov now. If they signed Markov, that's a lot of money, but will they sign another forward? They just released Grigorenko too.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Also, I would assume Ak Bars is free from the financial commitment to Zaripov now. If they signed Markov, that's a lot of money, but will they sign another forward? They just released Grigorenko too.

The attempt to sign Radulov means the front office is in the time to end the rebuild mode. With a lot of depth beyond the top line also taking the MHL/VHL depth into consideration and a lot of youth pushing for spots they will be looking for an (unexpected) elite signing. There is more than enough money there. There just aren't any valuable enough free agents out there.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Also I don't think they want to jump the gun this badly, they will wait to reinvest the Zaripov money until his story is done and dusted after the appeals etc. So I don't think they feel free/want to luck for something else just yet.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It is official. Andrei Markov signed a 2 year deal and will join the team in preparation for the season wearing his usual 79.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a General!

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Projected lineup:

Zaripov - Tkachyov - Malyhin

Azevedo - Lander - Sekac

Glinkin - Popov - Lukoyanov

Arhipov - Svitov - Chibisov

Young contenders: Lazarev - Miheev - Tyanulin

Yarullin - Batyrshin

Ohtamaa - Tokranov

Musin - Zaharchuk

Sidorov - Abrosimov

Lyamkin, Fatkullin

Garipov
Bilyalov
I like these lines (when I looked at the current roster I wrote something like that down a few weeks ago), with the exception that I think there would be 3 pairs + sidorov instead of 4 pairs and Abrosimov would probably be the pickup in case someone is LTIRed or gets an 'injury of the upper part of the body' like Bill used to say few years ago. Hopefully both Markov and Galiev would adapt to the wide rinks and bring some more offense to the team.

In any case, judging from the preseason games, it seems our hockey would get somewhat more offensive than it used to be, although it can be just the fact that the team is still learning how to play in the mid (although it looks quite different from the previous two seasons). It seems that Lander is an okay addition to the team (Sekac also did not impress me initially, but he was a true beast in the playoffs, same is true about Ohtaamaa).

Now we just need another top-6 forward (in case Zaripov is not cleared of all charges), and probably the management should have aggressively pushed to sign Nilssen when he was a free agent, not sure we can really win the cup against both SKA monsters without a good goalie

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I like these lines (when I looked at the current roster I wrote something like that down a few weeks ago), with the exception that I think there would be 3 pairs + sidorov instead of 4 pairs and Abrosimov would probably be the pickup in case someone is LTIRed or gets an 'injury of the upper part of the body' like Bill used to say few years ago. Hopefully both Markov and Galiev would adapt to the wide rinks and bring some more offense to the team.

In any case, judging from the preseason games, it seems our hockey would get somewhat more offensive than it used to be, although it can be just the fact that the team is still learning how to play in the mid (although it looks quite different from the previous two seasons). It seems that Lander is an okay addition to the team (Sekac also did not impress me initially, but he was a true beast in the playoffs, same is true about Ohtaamaa).

Now we just need another top-6 forward (in case Zaripov is not cleared of all charges), and probably the management should have aggressively pushed to sign Nilssen when he was a free agent, not sure we can really win the cup against both SKA monsters without a good goalie

The lines are obviously made before the Markov signing and the Zaripov situation.

Obviously a defenceman falls down the chart now. But it will really depend on how fast Markov can adapt to the rink and the system. If he can eat up top pairing minutes right away I can see some really solid pairings and an amazing 1st PP unit.

Sekac - Azevedo - Tkachyov

Tokranov/Yarullin - Markov

With Markov and Tkachyov dispatching other teams should stay out of the box really.

I do not expect much from Galiev. That is no big secret. I hope for more boost from the young guard down the stretch.

I stopped watching pre-season games long ago because I think they don't indicate much. The rosters aren't exactly close to opening day roster. And Bill stated himself he sees one line set so far. Obviously the foreigners line:

Azevedo - Lander - Sekac

Even with Zaripov we would need another top 6 forwatd.

And I am not a fan of foreign goalies for now. I am not worried about goaltending as it is now either.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
+ Svitov for the PP. Looks working quite nicely at this moment, although Azevedo is probably a huge liability defense-wise in a 1-defender PP setup.

I'd like to see Svitov on the 2nd unit.

Pre-season games are so misleading with the incomplete and shuffled rosters.

I like Azevedo on the PP because he is good at faceoffs. Always a good option to keep posession in the offensive zone with 2 guys good at faceoffs.

He is also not bad defensively at all.

The 2nd unit is a bit of a headache now with the Zaripov fail. We need that top 6 forward.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And the last moves before the opener. Lazarev to Torpedo. That's how those moves to NA work out for them. Many of his peers are established KHLers by now.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
And the last moves before the opener. Lazarev to Torpedo. That's how those moves to NA work out for them. Many of his peers are established KHLers by now.

Sadly, so true. I remember it wasn't more than three or four years ago when Lazarev and Nikolishin were thought as the new Malkin and Ovechkin. Of course it was exaggerated, but they did were the best 96 players back in the days.

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
There's rumours going off about team getting rid of Ohtamaa to buy Athanasiou. That would be kind of risky decision, Ohtamaa is a proven play-off fighter while the DRW greek is kind of wild card.

Also, Atlas was right about Galiev - not sure if bying him was worth it. It's kinda good that Zaripov was disqualified, having both of them on the same line would be even worse than Yak on defense.

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Yeah, well, replying to what was already gone, lol - I'm much more positive about this season than you - I really don't think buying @ was an option for the team - not sure if he can live peacefully along with Bill, he couldn't cope with Ryasensky and Zina, who are probably much more reasonable players than Radulov.

Still, I don't see the reason to paint everything in doom and gloom - it's probably the first season we did not loose key players and got sensible upgrades, it's just the fact that Tkachev had some sort of slump in the first 10 games, galimov not performing that great (although he's improving in a fashion, still a black hole defensively) and our goalies ... let's just not talk about them. Also, I think that Klinkhammer is more of a depth player (like Huvenen or Kukumberg) rather than a top line winger, but at least he's responsible defensively unlike Chibisov or Galiev.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, well, replying to what was already gone, lol - I'm much more positive about this season than you - I really don't think buying @ was an option for the team - not sure if he can live peacefully along with Bill, he couldn't cope with Ryasensky and Zina, who are probably much more reasonable players than Radulov.

Still, I don't see the reason to paint everything in doom and gloom - it's probably the first season we did not loose key players and got sensible upgrades, it's just the fact that Tkachev had some sort of slump in the first 10 games, galimov not performing that great (although he's improving in a fashion, still a black hole defensively) and our goalies ... let's just not talk about them. Also, I think that Klinkhammer is more of a depth player (like Huvenen or Kukumberg) rather than a top line winger, but at least he's responsible defensively unlike Chibisov or Galiev.

Klinkhammer is just getting better and better. Tkachev is back. Markov is slow.

And we are headed into the most decisive road trip that will basically define tis team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad