AJ Thelen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Flamesfaithful said:
Just wondering if anyone who's seen Thelen play can lend an opinion on him (top 2, 4, or 6dman), and how he would compare to say Andrej Meszaros.
I saw him last night against Michigan, and he looked horrible. He was very slow-footed, has the turning radius of a school bus, has no stamina, had no hockey sense whatsoever; the same complaints many people had for Wes O'Neil a year ago, who has since turned around his Collegiate career. Thelen also looked very undisciplined; he used his stick to hook and slash ALOT, and was VERY lazy. He was frequently getting burned by Jeff Tambellini, who was just going around him while Thelen just hooked and slashed. He seemed like a 6th or 7th D-Man for a High School team. He just looked horrible. But he'll have a chance to redeem himself to me when he faces Michigan again tonight, which starts right now. I'll give you an update on him tomorrow. :)

BTW, I would not compare him to Andrej Meszaroz at all.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Broadway Crosby is right on almost everything. He was horrible last night but I disagree on the Stamina thing.

He just had no rythm last night but I've seen him log monster minutes earlier this season and he can do that with absolutely no problems. In fact, that's one of his qualities.

He was much better earlier this season, although I haven't seen a great performance yet.

BTW, whoever designed that MSU jersey needs to be shot. There's absolutely no way of reading the numbers and I had trouble following the players.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
As much as I like Thelen, I have to agree with much of what Broadway Crosby had to say. I saw him back in the MSU/FSU game and I counted at least three instances (including the Jeff Legue goal) where Thelen 'fell asleep at the wheel' and didn't take his man out on plays that either led to a goal or led to a great scoring opportunity.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
WOW! Smart people actually agree with me! I feel special. :)

BTW, I didn't get the UM/MSU game last nights (Friday), but I got it Thursday, which was the game I commented on. It turned out the College Hockey on last night was Denver/Minnesota, which was a very good game.

Last edited by a moderator:

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
Broadway Crosby is right on almost everything. He was horrible last night but I disagree on the Stamina thing.

He just had no rythm last night but I've seen him log monster minutes earlier this season and he can do that with absolutely no problems. In fact, that's one of his qualities.

He was much better earlier this season, although I haven't seen a great performance yet.

BTW, whoever designed that MSU jersey needs to be shot. There's absolutely no way of reading the numbers and I had trouble following the players.

Amen to that. (the jersey part)

Polydorus

Feb 5, 2004
Vlad The Impaler said:

They were a donated third jersey. The Lansing State Journal reports that we won't be seeing them again.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Broadway Crosby said:
WOW! Smart people actually agree with me! I feel special. :)

BTW, I didn't get the UM/MSU game last night (Saturday), but I got it Friday, which was the game I commented on. It turned out the College Hockey on last night was Denver/Minnesota, which was a very good game.

Eh, I think you got your days confused. U-M vs. MSU happened THURSDAY night. The rematch is tonight (Saturday).

Note: Today is not Sunday :)

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
SpaceGhost79 said:
Eh, I think you got your days confused. U-M vs. MSU happened THURSDAY night. The rematch is tonight (Saturday).

Note: Today is not Sunday :)
D'OH! I knew I would screw something up and make myself look like a dumb@$$. :banghead: :dunce: I'll go fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->