Prospect Info: Aiden Fink - RW | 218th Overall | 2023 NHL Draft

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You have to have the video to go with this one... David Poile's Last Trade + David Poile's Last Draft Pick, all in one...

And then Fink... tiny 5'9"/170 winger, but he certainly blew up the AJHL last season with 97 pts in 54 games, and off to Penn State next year. If you are going to pick at #218, go ahead and pick a guy with that kind of skill, I say!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Watch. 'We just picked a random guy.'

*turns into Steve Sullivan on steroids.*

We just know it's gonna happen. Late round flyers almost always work for the Preds

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
IMG_1325.gif

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
you do realize this d+1 production is virtually unprecedented for any homegrown prospect we have ever cultivated?

He has roughly double the production of our heralded 1st round pick in a more competitive and difficult conference
Is the B1G really a tougher conference than Hockey East?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Seems like Hockey East is more top heavy while the Big 10 is better top to bottom. Regardless the other freshman with numbers comparable to Fink are all first round prospects and mostly top ten so it’s sure nice to be getting that out of our seventh rounder.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Watched a couple of Fink games lately.

I see some similarities to Evangelista in his game.

Both are small wingers, who are constantly looking for edges to create things offensively. Both are quite feisty and don't back down from a fight. Both score a bunch of points on the right side off the ice but whereas Evangelista likes to toe-drag his way to the center slot, Fink just releases it from the outer circle.

I think Fink's skating is actually a bit more dynamic than Evangelista's, I think Evangelista can be a bit clunky at times. I do think, however, that Evangelista's is more responsible and more calm and collective with the puck whereas Fink can be a bit too hasty with it.

Nonetheless, very encouraging for a 7th rounder. Can't see a way it could've gone any better for him.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He is a 7th rounder sitting in the points range with alot of recent 1st round picks. If he turns into a NHL player of any caliber, it is a massive win for us. If he turns in a good AHL player, it is still a solid pick. If he turns into a mid to upper lineup player, you couldnt hope for anything better.

His play has been extremely encouraging. Looking forward to watching his career progress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad