Ahoy me matey, I see a Hurricane in the distance

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Raleigh, NC

The season is still young. The Canes have started in the correct fashion with two wins over teams, Phoenix and Nashville, that supposedly will not make the playoffs. This is a stark contrast to last season when Canes were dropping many points to lower rank teams.

In the first game, the Coyotes outshot the Canes 2:1 but was shutout 3-0. Canes goaltender DiPietrio made the saves that he needed to. A lot of the credit goes to the players in front of him. For a team that was suppose to struggle defensely, they looked solid out there. The first goal was against the run of play. Andrei Zyuzin finished off a great counter-attacking move late in the 2nd period, in which the Canes could only muster 2 shots. In the third, goals by Ray Whitney and Craig Adams put the game away for the Canes mid way through the 3rd.

In the second game, the Canes faced bogey team from last year in the Predators at home. It was another affair with little separating the two teams. Goals by Stempniak, Rucchin, Barnes and Lupul helped win the game. This game also saw Dale Purinton ejected for elbowing Sean Avery midway through the 2nd. On closer inspection, it seemed Sean Avery got extremely lucky to get away with a roughing call. Video evidence suggest man-handled would be more appropriate.

With the Thrashers and Jackets up next, the Canes hope to continue their streak. It seems contract negotiations have not gone well with big name rookies, Alexander Ovechkin and Dion Phaneuf. Both has not been sighted yet on the ice.

HFNHL Red Wings

How hard could contract negotiations be, they get $850k per season for the next 3 years plain and simple. I should have it so tough :shakehead

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
How hard could contract negotiations be, they get $850k per season for the next 3 years plain and simple. I should have it so tough :shakehead

true... and both are on the verge of having their max rookie contract length dropped to 2 years when they turn 22 in the 2007 calendar year, if for some reason they didn't sign this season. :dunno:

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
might want to wait until after the Thrasher game, I put a contract out on them whoever takes him out gets top line for a day, lol.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
It might get hard to sign them long term given neither was offered a contract until after opening night. I'm sure the competitive spirits of Dion and Alex appreciate being left on the sidelines.

Way to start things off on the right foot with a couple franchise players. :handclap:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It might get hard to sign them long term given neither was offered a contract until after opening night. I'm sure the competitive spirits of Dion and Alex appreciate being left on the sidelines.

I lost my notebook with all my player details while scouting in outer Mongolia. So Shoot me already. :dunce:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad