Aho, Connor, Ehlers, Nylander: Highest career single season point total?

Who will have the highest single season point total in their career?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
When looking at players around this level, the one with the highest assists is typically going to end up with the most points. I think Nylander is probably the one more likely to have a spike assists seasons, so I'll go with him. Aho would be next I think, then Ehlers.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Went with Nylander.
At some point each 1 of these kids should have an 80+ point season but they all seem to need a strong player with them to make it happen. If Marner was an option I would go with him 100%, or if Nylander was going to play with Marner than Nylander. IMO Marner will add +/- 30 points to almost any player if he plays with them.

boogeybendo

Dec 18, 2017
Aho career high: 68 points
Connor career high: 57 points (he's never shooting over 16% ever again)
Ehlers career high: 64 points
Nylander career high: 92 points (he's a step above these other players no doubt)
leafs fan?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I am going to be 100% honest: I have no god damn clue. Not saying i am not familiar with said players, in fact its the fact I have been following all of these guys well before NHL that makes it so I truly have no clue who will become the best(highest single yr) out of these 4.

Yeah, it's why I picked these guys to get a feel what others thought. I have no clue either and I wouldn't be surprised if any of the 4 ends up with the highest single season in a career.

Reactions: remote

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
At some point each 1 of these kids should have an 80+ point season but they all seem to need a strong player with them to make it happen. If Marner was an option I would go with him 100%, or if Nylander was going to play with Marner than Nylander. IMO Marner will add +/- 30 points to almost any player if he plays with them.

That's one of the differences. So far, Aho IS the guy on his line where-as Nylander (Matthews), Connor (Scheifele/Wheeler), Ehlers (Laine). But in this poll, that is irrelevant because it's a total point question. Connor has the best situation right now and if it stays that way, over the next few seasons he can have the most points. Nylander's SH% has been too low (IIRC) and playing with a healthy Matthews and more PP time could make his numbers jump. Ehlers is dynamic and over time, if he gets to continue with Laine, could have his points jump. If the Canes get Svechnikov and play him with Aho, then his numbers could jump.

Lots of variables for 4 very good players. I'm clearly an Aho fan, but recognize that any one of all 4 of these guys could be the best scorer.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Aho career high: 68 points
Connor career high: 57 points (he's never shooting over 16% ever again)
Ehlers career high: 64 points
Nylander career high: 92 points (he's a step above these other players no doubt)

My reaction to reading this post was as follows:

Aho career high: 68 points Too low considering he just had a 65 point season and is about to get a great stud teammate at the draft.
Connor career high: 57 points Just had 57 as a rookie and you think his growth has already peaked? Yeah.... No.
Ehlers career high: 64 points Young player that just scored 60 points on what looks to be a great Jets team going forwards. Again, I think probably not.

Nylander career high: 92 points Confusion sets in...

54090387.jpg

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Nylander plays with matthews, ehlers with laine and connor with wheeler and scheifele aho does not ^^

Should be noted Aho is probably gonn be Centering a player who has more talent than any player in this poll(as Svechnikov is definitely the best Winger prospect since Laine), but again I doubt that will keep up with who ever plays on the Jets top line..

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Should be noted Aho is probably gonn be Centering a player who has more talent than any player in this poll(as Svechnikov is definitely the best Winger prospect since Laine), but again I doubt that will keep up with who ever plays on the Jets top line..

Maybe. Just more reason to believe he has NOT peaked yet.

And yeah i think connor is the one to improve the most unless he is taken off that line.

Nylander im a bit sceptical about nowadays i used to be very high on him but seeing him without matthews this season made me believe that he may be regressing if not with matthews altho i still believe he has alot of potential. If all goes right he'll be comparible to rantanen maybe.

Ehlers is a bit in the same boat as nylander in my opinion.

Aho is the one im highest on from these guys nowadays he is proving tp be a real 2nd round gem.

Predictions as maximum potential

Nylander 80 point season 30g-50a
Connor 75 point season 35g-40a
Ehlers 80 point season 35g-45a
Aho 90 point season 40g-50a

Not really based on anything just wild guessing what they could score if everything goes right for a full season

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->