Aho, Connor, Ehlers, Nylander: Highest career single season point total?

Who will have the highest single season point total in their career?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Similar level players taken two drafts apart. This isn't a question of who is the better overall player and it's not question of who is more valuable, it is strictly a question of total points. The team they play for, their linemates, and how they are used should definitely be taken into account, because not everything is equal.

Which player will have the highest point total for a single season in their career? Also, if you post a response, please also post what point totals you think they will hit.

Clearly we won't know who was right for probably 10 years, but was interested in peoples view on this.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Aho career high: 68 points
Connor career high: 57 points (he's never shooting over 16% ever again)
Ehlers career high: 64 points
Nylander career high: 92 points (he's a step above these other players no doubt)

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Which ever of the Jets players plays more with Scheifele longer is likely to win this one in reality.
Likely Connors, that being said Aho is the best player in the Poll..

Aho => Connor, Ehlers => Nylander

Last edited:

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I'm surprised by the results, definitely Ehlers he's the most explosive and dynamic offensive player.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Nylander career high: 92 points (he's a step above these other players no doubt)

Nylander is never going to score 92 points in a season

Reactions: Mitts888

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I'm surprised by the results, definitely Ehlers he's the most explosive and dynamic offensive player.

I would agree but if he remains to get 2nd line minutes for a long spurt of his career it’s hard to pick him. If we are to assume he plays beside Laine/Wheeler and Scheifele(as a first line trio) for a majority of his career than it is probably him.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I love watching Ehlers play but I'd pick him last in this poll. I did homer vote for Connor however. I know the other two are great but I think Connor is going to benefit hugely from his skill combined with the guys he gets to play with.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Aho. Apart from Nylander I've been following all the guys a lot this year (like nearly every game) and I've had a lot of looks at William as well. Aho will have the most impact out of all of the players listed and I got a real good feeling he is going to be a legitimate star in this league once the Canes start having some success.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Hahahaha Aho has already surpassed all of these players @ 20 years old.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I think Aho has the best shot of getting the highest points total for a season. He is emerging as the "guy" in Carolina, and will get all the ice time he can get, it is just the support cast that worries me. None of the other 3 will be "the guy" if Nylander is not traded to a team to be the "guy". Jets has Scheif and Laine, Leafs has Matthews and Marner.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Connor had 57 points in his first full season and you really think that will be his career year?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I am going to be 100% honest: I have no god damn clue. Not saying i am not familiar with said players, in fact its the fact I have been following all of these guys well before NHL that makes it so I truly have no clue who will become the best(highest single yr) out of these 4.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Aho will get Svechnikov as his teammate, I have a feeling they will form a deadly duo and power Aho to 80-90 points at his best.

Reactions: Mathew Barzal

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Wanna bet on whether Nylander ever scores 90?
And of course the two jet players have already peaked, am I right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->