AHL San Diego to announce nickname, logo this weekend

abe jr

Jun 8, 2004
the Jr Gulls team here in SD changed their name to the sabres...it is the Gulls for sure.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Here's the logo:

xfw1NDD.jpg

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Not quite. No teeth in the beak, different font. But very close. It was fun listening to all the speakers try NOT calling them the Gulls prematurely.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not quite. No teeth in the beak, different font. But very close. It was fun listening to all the speakers try NOT calling them the Gulls prematurely.
I guess it is slightly different.

hkymnky

Feb 17, 2010
Here's a great breakdown of the changes

CJKp3mx.jpg

You can read the full article at Sportslogos(dot)net (why in gods name is the website's name getting ****** out?!?).

The one observation that I missed was the seagull shape between the L and S.

Outside of that fun little inclusion I'm a little disappointed in the overall execution. The changes to the design seem pretty arbitrary (adding a more defined eye and a hockey glove) and the overall graphic feels less polished. Whether thats due to a low quality image file being used on the site, or shoddy work on the part of the designer...we'll just have to wait for the official unveiling.

While I appreciate Anaheim's recognition of the Gulls brand and its history, I was hoping they'd put their own spin on the name and do something more like this.

Last edited:

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Here's a great breakdown of the changes

CJKp3mx.jpg

You can read the full article at Sportslogos(dot)net (why in gods name is the website's name getting ****** out?!?).

The one observation that I missed was the seagull shape between the L and S.

Outside of that fun little inclusion I'm a little disappointed in the overall execution. The changes to the design seem pretty arbitrary (adding a more defined eye and a hockey glove) and the overall graphic feels less polished. Whether thats due to a low quality image file being used on the site, or shoddy work on the part of the designer...we'll just have to wait for the official unveiling.

While I appreciate Anaheim's recognition of the Gulls brand and its history, I was hoping they'd put their own spin on the name and do something more like this.

That was what I was hoping for, in a way. Much better than the logo I posted on the Ducks board.

Edit: to laugh at... http://i.imgur.com/YFYv6Ku.jpg

andyolly

Jun 4, 2014
SoCal

They let it slip once or twice. The word "goals" became "gulls" at one point I think. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad