AHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I've been impressed by Ryan Whitney so far. Straight out of college and putting up 10 points in the playoffs while being a plus player is outstanding.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The production is nice, but what's nicer is that he was pretty much picture perfect defensively in the games I watched.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Rabid Ranger said:
I've been impressed by Ryan Whitney so far. Straight out of college and putting up 10 points in the playoffs while being a plus player is outstanding.

I'll be the first to say I am surprised. I saw him several times over the years, and saw more Ron Hainsey in him defensively, to think highly of him. I'll wait to see what he does next year, but so far it seems he's doing great which is good for pen fans.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think Whitney has number 1 defensemen potential, and I don't think it's out of the question at all that he will reach it. It's easily been the best news for the Pens in a while, IMO, and ranks right up there with the emergence of Ryan Malone this year as far as organization wide plusses.

:bow:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
montreal said:
I'll be the first to say I am surprised. I saw him several times over the years, and saw more Ron Hainsey in him defensively, to think highly of him. I'll wait to see what he does next year, but so far it seems he's doing great which is good for pen fans.

I always thought Whitney was better suited for the pro game. Certain athletes just look totally differant at a higher level of competition. Whitney will be a good one although I find it kind of difficult to categorize his style and who he compares to.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think it was Vlad who compared him to Malakhov (in his younger days I'm assuming). In pure style and skillset, I'd say they're real close. Whitney does not have the massive body that Malakhov has, but he may have the edge in desire and intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad