AHL/NHL Affiliations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
the Rangers have owned that franchise, just as Vancouver operates, but remember, Esche owns the business end of the Comets, remember Spectra also runs the business in Hartford

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
If the NHL expands to Milwaukee, my proposal is that the AHL grant its 32nd team to Reno to serve as the Knights' top affiliate, the Wolves join with the new Milwaukee team, and the Preds move their current AHL team in Milwaukee to Memphis.

Reactions: uncleben85

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If the NHL expands to Milwaukee, my proposal is that the AHL grant its 32nd team to Reno to serve as the Knights' top affiliate, the Wolves join with the new Milwaukee team, and the Preds move their current AHL team in Milwaukee to Memphis.

except the Brewers technically own the Admirals, Z, HENCE THE CROSS PROMOTION. Add to that The Wolves have been around 26 years, with it's now 16 with their 4th affiliation since 2001

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
except the Brewers technically own the Admirals, Z, HENCE THE CROSS PROMOTION. Add to that The Wolves have been around 26 years, with it's now 16 with their 4th affiliation since 2001

No, no they don't. Harris Turer is the majority owner of the Admirals and he happens to own a very small portion of the Brewers and sits on their Board of Directors.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
And the Admirals have been around much longer than the Wolves. Milwaukee will never have an NHL team anyway.

People said the same thing about major league sports in Vegas. But Vegas now has an NHL team and they will have an NFL team soon. Milwaukee is getting a new arena that will be NHL ready. I'm sure the Admirals' owners would love to trade up their AHL franchise for NHL membership (which as I mentioned would open the door for Reno to enter the AHL as the new Knights' affiliate and the Wolves to hook up with the NHL Admirals).

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
People said the same thing about major league sports in Vegas. But Vegas now has an NHL team and they will have an NFL team soon. Milwaukee is getting a new arena that will be NHL ready. I'm sure the Admirals' owners would love to trade up their AHL franchise for NHL membership (which as I mentioned would open the door for Reno to enter the AHL as the new Knights' affiliate and the Wolves to hook up with the NHL Admirals).
Multi-year agreement with Chicago, Z, that's why they allowed the Blues to exit out and wait for Colorado to end that agreement in San Antonio, it has nothing to do with Vegas or Reno, THAT'S UP TO THE ECHL/McKenna, not Andrews or his successor

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Milwaukee will get a team eventually, it'll be hard because so many Blackhawks fans are in Milwaukee but it might be a good thing because Blackhawk games sellout often.

But I came to talk about where Seattle could be affiliated. All in all, I'm just going to say they're the only expansion team. I can see them taking on the San Antonio Rampage and St. Louis manages to get their AHL affiliate in Kansas City.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
We're years away from Seattle needing a team. Depends on how close they want their AHL affiliate. Potentially: Spokane WA, Portland OR (both have WHL teams big question on competition/viability); Reno NV (been rumored for ECHL team for a decade or more). If ECHL Boise ID can't remain a stand alone entity so separated from the rest of the league, that locality might be open for AHL franchise.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I think Milwaukee will get a team eventually, it'll be hard because so many Blackhawks fans are in Milwaukee but it might be a good thing because Blackhawk games sellout often.

But I came to talk about where Seattle could be affiliated. All in all, I'm just going to say they're the only expansion team. I can see them taking on the San Antonio Rampage and St. Louis manages to get their AHL affiliate in Kansas City.
the Blues have no interest in running an affiliation, as evidenced by this off season, which is why they're landing in San Antonio, besides that Kansas City has no interest in a hockey franchise, the Mavericks are not even in their metro.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
the Blues have no interest in running an affiliation, as evidenced by this off season, which is why they're landing in San Antonio, besides that Kansas City has no interest in a hockey franchise, the Mavericks are not even in their metro.

This a 180 degree turn from about a year ago, when ALL the pundits said that the 31st franchise was being bought by St. Louis and that it was definately going to KC and that anyone who thought different was a fool or whatever. Even linked to articles that were said to support their claim and mentioned other pieces of info from "insiders"who confirmed it as well.
Isn't it funny how things can change in such a short time...The Vegas Knights are with Chicago...St. Louis is going to San Antonio next year and Colorado bought that 31st franchise and is putting it in Colorado.
Guess it just goes to show you how quickly things change.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
This a 180 degree turn from about a year ago, when ALL the pundits said that the 31st franchise was being bought by St. Louis and that it was definately going to KC and that anyone who thought different was a fool or whatever. Even linked to articles that were said to support their claim and mentioned other pieces of info from "insiders"who confirmed it as well.
Isn't it funny how things can change in such a short time...The Vegas Knights are with Chicago...St. Louis is going to San Antonio next year and Colorado bought that 31st franchise and is putting it in Colorado.
Guess it just goes to show you how quickly things change.

The 31st franchise was purchased by the Eagles owner, not the Colorado Avs.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Try again. Independence is not only in the KC metro area, it's one of the core, inner burbs and the biggest one on the Missouri side.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

DudeWhereIsMakar

Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Could Prince George be a future AHL market?

I think it'd make sense as an affiliate with the Canucks, have a good airport, although a ways away, but they could potentially do the same thing St. John's did, like fly then bus.

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014
You may want to look at a map before you type.

Reactions: JMCx4

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Could Prince George be a future AHL market?

I think it'd make sense as an affiliate with the Canucks, have a good airport, although a ways away, but they could potentially do the same thing St. John's did, like fly then bus.

Trevor linden has stated on several occasions that the Canucks do not see any advantage to having their AHL team close to them as the travel schedule would hamper development.
Utica affords a great small town , with a rabid fan base and great game atmosphere as well as short travel for road games.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Why would the Cougars leave?

It's such an undesirable place to play hockey in the WHL, the drives are long and the nearest place with a WHL team is Kamloops which is a seven-hour drive south. I just thought it'd make more sense if they had an AHL team than a WHL team, but doesn't mean the Cougars leave. I feel the city will give the team much more support and could give tourism in Prince George a boost.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
..... where has it ever been stated Kansas City wants pro hockey ...
Might help your perspective, HUTCH, to look at the Missouri/KC Mavericks attendance record over their 9 seasons of existence ...
Silverstein Eye Centers Arena has a 5,800 seat capacity for hockey. I'd say Kansas City has supported pro hockey rather well over the last 10 years.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Might help your perspective, HUTCH, to look at the Missouri/KC Mavericks attendance record over their 9 seasons of existence ...
Silverstein Eye Centers Arena has a 5,800 seat capacity for hockey. I'd say Kansas City has supported pro hockey rather well over the last 10 years.

then why is the franchise based in Independence, and has ZERO to do with the AHL since EVERY Hockey fan knows Sly White's stance on hockey in KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad