Confirmed with Link: {AHL} Laval Rocket Sign Yannick Veilleux to a 1-Year, 1-Way AHL Deal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interestingly enough, when he was on his PTO with Laval, he was close to signing in Europe as he had offers. And he preferred to go there than having to go back to the ECHL. However, Laval offered him an AHL deal to finish the season. And he agreed to stay because he wanted to fight for a playoff spot with the team. Kind of like a let's-finish-what-we-started sort of approach.

I'm very happy he will be back next year.

He will now count as a veteran, as he's now at 329 GP in the AHL.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Interesting article on him by Dumont. Basically talks about how things went south in St. Louis because they had no say in their AHL affiliate and the coach on that team didn't see anything special in him and labeled him as a 4th liner who could fight, never really got an opportunity. Then the article mentions how once he wasn't qualified, it became a total jungle for him in terms of finding new opportunities. He tried out a few times on other AHL teams, including St. John's under Sly but things didn't work out. He got screwed out of an AHL deal this season and it made him realize that he should build his stock up for European teams. He had offers in Austria but he wanted to play in the top leagues since the pay is better. He realized with the way his previous AHL stints had gone, he'd be better off playing in the East coast which paid off since he got off to a solid start and then Laval came calling. He had an honest talk with Joel Bouchard and he was confident that he'd get a genuine opportunity. The rest is history. I'm curious as to where in the line-up he'll play next season.

Reactions: Chili

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm glad he's back, you need players like him in the lineup especially with what will be a young team next year. I know some don't think that coaches have that big of an impact, and I'm not saying this is cut and dry but as he has struggled in the AHL under other coaches as well and might have just caught a hot streak but,

Veilleux playing under Lefebvre - 105 games, 23 pts
Veilleux playing under Bouchard - 26 games, 20 pts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad