Confirmed with Link: Ahac and Hayes signed to ELCs

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hayes has an impressive +18 on the Squires (why are they going with the horsie motif?)

Kind of surprised they haven't inked Kruse yet.

Without Krebs, Quinney, Schuldt:

Dorofeyev ____ Elvenes
Dugan Leschyshyn Rondbjerg
Cotter Jones Kallionkieli

Hayes Korczak
Bischoff Pachal
Diliberatore Miromanov
Ahac
Corcoran

Thompson
Ferguson
Petera

That's a lot of D.
Brisson would fit in nicely centering the top 6, and I'm sure Quinney would stick around. Not so sure they bring back Schuldt.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Hayes has an impressive +18 on the Squires (why are they going with the horsie motif?)

Dorofeyev ____ Elvenes

Hayes Korczak
Bischoff Pachal
Diliberatore Miromanov
Ahac
Corcoran

Thompson
Ferguson
Petera

That's a lot of D.
Brisson would fit in nicely centering the top 6, and I'm sure Quinney would stick around. Not so sure they bring back Schuldt.

Isn't Krebs eligible for AHL next season? I'd think he would fill the 1C.

Also, I think they let Dansk walk after this season, because Thompson looks like a solid emergency callup.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I just don't see him not making the roster next year.

Who's going to make room for him? GOATesar? Are they going to pull the trigger on a Marchy trade and move Stephie to his wing position?

If they are going to waive GOATesar to make room for Krebs next preseason, why wouldn't they do it now to make the roster more manageable? Especially with so many teams lacking the cap space to grab even an equipment manager off waivers..... Also, would slotting Krebs in signal an abandonment of Glass? I think it would, and I'm not sure it would be a wrong move at this point.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Who's going to make room for him? GOATesar? Are they going to pull the trigger on a Marchy trade and move Stephie to his wing position?

If they are going to waive GOATesar to make room for Krebs next preseason, why wouldn't they do it now to make the roster more manageable? Especially with so many teams lacking the cap space to grab even an equipment manager off waivers..... Also, would slotting Krebs in signal an abandonment of Glass? I think it would, and I'm not sure it would be a wrong move at this point.

Everyone close to the team has said they see Krebs as a winger in the NHL, not a center.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I see him as a natural C.

I think I remember Lawless saying it before about him at wing in the NHL and I'm positive I've read a Granger reply to someone where he said that the team saw him as a winger at the next level, and I remember reading it somewhere else as well.

I would always pencil him at center when trying to envision future lineups but I remember reading it from more than one place.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think I remember Lawless saying it before about him at wing in the NHL and I'm positive I've read a Granger reply to someone where he said that the team saw him as a winger at the next level, and I remember reading it somewhere else as well.

I would always pencil him at center when trying to envision future lineups but I remember reading it from more than one place.

They probably thought the same about Suzuki.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Dorofeyev ____ Elvenes

Hayes Korczak
Bischoff Pachal
Diliberatore Miromanov
Ahac
Corcoran

Thompson
Ferguson
Petera

That's a lot of D.

Watch them say something about you can't use numbers to put a value on what Duke brings to the team and then resign him. Probably on Foley's orders.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I just don't see him not making the roster next year.

Don't let common sense hockey logic fool you. The coach is going to have to be blown away by his skills or be has to wait until he's fully overcooked in the AHL. Path to a spot with the VGK is clearer for guys who can lead the league in hits and missed shots on goal.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Don't let common sense hockey logic fool you. The coach is going to have to be blown away by his skills or be has to wait until he's fully overcooked in the AHL. Path to a spot with the VGK is clearer for guys who can lead the league in hits and missed shots on goal.
I love me some well placed snark!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Everyone close to the team has said they see Krebs as a winger in the NHL, not a center.

Karlsson was brought in as a winger, too. Gallant moved him quickly to C to fill a need and he stuck.

The need is for a C. I think if they don't see him as a C there is no way he comes up next season unless they trade off a top 6 winger. I mean you don't want him to languish on the third line like Glass, do you?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Karlsson was brought in as a winger, too. Gallant moved him quickly to C to fill a need and he stuck.

The need is for a C. I think if they don't see him as a C there is no way he comes up next season unless they trade off a top 6 winger. I mean you don't want him to languish on the third line like Glass, do you?

I think it's likely Marchessault or Smith are traded to create some more cap room and move Tuch up to the top six and get an asset.

I'd rather see Dugan take the winger spot on the third line and agree with you that Krebs should probably start in the AHL, whether at center or wing unless it just can't be denied.

However I could see a scenario where Krebs and Dugan are the wingers on a third line though. It would mean Reaves would be scratched but that's easier to do with enough cap space to actually have 23 roster players and not 20 and having to waive any player you don't want to play.

Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
Marchessault/Smith-Karlsson-Tuch
Krebs-Glass-Dugan
Carrier-Roy-Kolesar
Reaves, Nosek/Brown/whoever

This would give the team 23 roster spots and 6-6.7 million in cap space with only the Martinez spot to replace.

The season after there's a ton of RFA (Glass, Hague, Whitecloud, Roy, Dugan, Elvenes) so they would have to watch out for that but Fleury's 7 million, Holden 1.7 million, Reaves 1.75 million would fall off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad