after Crosby -2005 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bignasti

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I've heard a few names thrown around -Brule and Bertram in Vancouver (which of these guys is more highly thought of?) -Bobby Ryan and Jean Phillipe Paquet? How do these guys rank and who are the top Europeans?

Duff88

May 7, 2002
After Crosby, the top 2005 draft QMJHL player will probably be Romy Elayoubi from Chicoutimi ( HOME TOWN KID :yo: )

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I just came back from watching Brule at the Giants/Thunderbirds game.

Brule, simply makes others better, and makes the other defense man look bad, real bad, did it a few times. He runs the powerplay from the point, and has a booming slapshot, rung one of the crossbar in the last third. What really impressed me, is he was hit, pretty hard into the boards, on a bit of a late play, with a clean hit, should have had his head up, nonetheless, he comes rigth back, and ends up scoring a really pretty one timer. Mean kid too, threw around #16 Gibbons, who was quite bigger.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Brule is absolutely incredible.

Bertram is smaller and is no Brule but still has a boat load of skills and is a stud but Brule is without a doubt a step above.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Schlep Rock said:
Brule is absolutely incredible.

Bertram is smaller and is no Brule but still has a boat load of skills and is a stud but Brule is without a doubt a step above.
I agree. I think Bertram will be too small and he doesn't have the skills Brule does.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
2005 guys from the Q: Not in order

F - Marc-Andre Cote - BAT
F - Mathieu Roy - BAT
F - Romy Elayoubi - CHI
G - Alexandre Vincent - CHI
F - Guillaume Latendresse - DRU
F - Justin Saulnier - HAL
F - Marc-Andre Cliche - LEW
F - Alex Bourret - LEW
G - Jean-Christophe Blanchard - MON
D - Billy Bezeau - PEI
G - Ryan Mior - PEI
D - Marc-Andre Gragnani - PEI
F - Tyler Hawes - PEI
D - Andrew Androcropolis - QUE
D - Marc-Edouard Vlasic - QUE
F - Maxime Lincourt - QUE
F - Sidney Crosby - RIM
D - Francois Bolduc
G - Jean-Phillipe Lavasseur - RN
D - Jean-Phillipe Paquet - SHA
D - Eric Begin - SHA
D - Luc Bourdon - VD
D - Sebastien Bisallion - VD
G - Guillaume Blouin - VD
F - Francois Guerette-Charland - VIC

Noteables for 2006:

D - Mathieu Carle - BAT
F - Kenzie Sheppard - HAL
F - James Pouliot - HAL
D - Joey Ryan - QUE

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
La-La-Laprise

I'm just curious if you have seen or perhaps heard anything about the three Americans you have listed (Andricopolos, Ryan, and Pouliot) and how they have played so far this year.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Epsilon said:
Personally I think when it's all said and done Brule's name will be the first called to the podium for the 2005 draft.

I have seen both play at the Canada WInter games so I could compare them, and Crosby way out classed Brule in skill, I like to predict so I would say Crosby will be the 1st taken in 2005 so far and I thought that Brule though very skilled wasn't as good as Daniel Bertram.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Top NA Players and Goalies:

1. Sidney Crosby. F Rimouski
2. Daniel Bertram. F (if opts then this draft)
3. Gilbert Brule. F Vancouver
4. Devereaux Heshmatpour. D Kitchener
5. Guillaume Latendresse. F Drummondville
6. Ryan Mior. G PEI
7. Devin Setoguchi. F Saskatoon
8. Jean-Philippe Paquet. D Shawinigan
9. Romy Elayoubi. F Chicoutimi
10.Jack Skille. F NTDP U17
11.Bobby Ryan. F Owen Sound
12. Carey Price. G Tri City
13. Wacey Rabbit. F Saskatoon
14. Mike Gauthier. D Prince Albert
15. J-P Levasseur. G Rouy Noranda
16. Luc Bourdon. D Val'd-Or
17. Chris Lawrence. F Oshawa
18. Tanner Stockwell. D
19. Alex Bourrett. F Sherbrook
20. Brock Bradford. F (if opts then this draft)

I never put too many USA guys in like Jason Lawrence or anything because if they go college route then they are 2006 ranked

Euros

1. Vitaly Anikeenko. D Russia
2. Jakub Vojta. D Czech
3. Alexander Sopin. F Russia
4. Tomas Pospisil. F Czech
5. Jakub Kindl. D Czech
6. David Kuchejda. F Czech
7. Václav Vondráček. D Czech
8. Andrei Kiryukhin. F Russia
9. Gennadi Churilov. F Russia
10. Sebastian Karlsson. F Sweden
11. Fredrik Pettersson. F Sweden
12. Vyacheslav Buravchikov. D Russia
13. Mika Halava. F Finland
14. Risto Korhonen. D Finland (should be 6th on my list)
15. Slava Truhno. F Belarus

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
moosefan said:
I have seen both play at the Canada WInter games so I could compare them, and Crosby way out classed Brule in skill, I like to predict so I would say Crosby will be the 1st taken in 2005 so far and I thought that Brule though very skilled wasn't as good as Daniel Bertram.

Believe me, Brule is better than Bertram.

And btw, Brule measured in at 5'10/half without shoes on ;).

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
monster_bertuzzi said:
Believe me, Brule is better than Bertram.

And btw, Brule measured in at 5'10/half without shoes on ;).

I found Bertrams skating possibly the best at the games, his skating opened so many scoring opertunities for him it was sick. Brule was a better playmaker then I thought since I was expecting a guy to hogs the puck alot but he was not that he gets into good position, has great playmaking and scoring touch with a nice shot and great stickhandling, but though his skating speed was good, I don't know about now but last year his skating was a little choppy but if he fixed that (possibly summber skating or somthing) then I would say he is better than Bertram, but Bertrams determination speed and all around offensive skills made him more of an offensive threat everytime he was on the ice.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
moosefan said:
I found Bertrams skating possibly the best at the games, his skating opened so many scoring opertunities for him it was sick. Brule was a better playmaker then I thought since I was expecting a guy to hogs the puck alot but he was not that he gets into good position, has great playmaking and scoring touch with a nice shot and great stickhandling, but though his skating speed was good, I don't know about now but last year his skating was a little choppy but if he fixed that (possibly summber skating or somthing) then I would say he is better than Bertram, but Bertrams determination speed and all around offensive skills made him more of an offensive threat everytime he was on the ice.

None the less, the Giants are going to kick some major as$ the next few years :D

BTW, the best defenceman out of the WHL in the 2005 draft will be Mike Gauthier, PA Raiders.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
cagney said:
I'm just curious if you have seen or perhaps heard anything about the three Americans you have listed (Andricopolos, Ryan, and Pouliot) and how they have played so far this year.

Androcropolis is the best of the 3. He is average sized, around 6' 180, has nice wheels and will be dominante at 18. Should be a high pick. Ryan and Pouliot are still 15, they both have late bdays and arent eligible until 06. Ryan has had some trouble adjusting, he is a defensive guy, but has offensive upside. Pouliot, he seems a bit raw. The Q might be over his head this year, Halifax will try to work him in slowly. He is with the team but hasnt seen game action yet.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Bobby Ryan has been outstanding in Owen Sound, 2 goals and 1 assist. He's all offense and little defense so far, but coach Strothers will install that into him...that's one reason he came to the OHL.
Preseason he was awesome...some think he may easily become the best player ever to play for Owen Sound...

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:

I am not sure that it goes as far as "way out classed", but Crosby is clearly 1st - and the start to his season suggests that the gap is growing (and he is playing with much better linemates than he has had before so I would expect him to continue improving). I would agree that Bertram outplayed Brule through the Games - and has a better 2-way game - but not much to choose between them.

JasonMacIsaac

Who is playing with Crosby and what are their stats through 4 games.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
Who is playing with Crosby and what are their stats through 4 games.

Dany Stewert who has 8 assists in 4 games. Also Danick Jasmin-Riel who in 4 games has 5 goals and 2 assists.

Crosby leads the team and is 2nd in the league so far with 5 goals and 4 assists in 4 games.

JasonMacIsaac

moosefan said:
Dany Stewert who has 8 assists in 4 games. Also Danick Jasmin-Riel who in 4 games has 5 goals and 2 assists.

Crosby leads the team and is 2nd in the league so far with 5 goals and 4 assists in 4 games.
HAHA, I love watching leeches in action.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
moosefan said:
10. Sebastian Karlsson. F Sweden
11. Fredrik Pettersson. F Sweden

I think it is time to update your list for Swedish players :)
Sweden's 87's look scary and there are actually several ones playing really well in the Swedish U20-league right now .. against players that are 3 years older.

I might forget some but I'd say the top Swedes for the 2005 draft are:

Defensemen
Alexander Ribbenstrand
Henrick Broman
Niklas Öhman

Forwards
Alexander Sundström
Kim Sunna
Mattias Ritola
Johan Nilsson
Nicklas Bergfors
Tom Wandell
Robin Lindqvist

It's stillv early to tell, but I would probably rank Ritola, Sundström and Bergfors in the top 3, at least at this point.

The two you have listed are both very talented, but Karlsson has IMO dropped a bit considering he is born 86 and there are eligible 87's that are performing better than him.

Fredrik Pettersson is an excellent prospect but has terrible size, 5-6 or 5-7 I believe.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
HAHA, I love watching leeches in action.

Hehe And Roussin has played 2 games since Pro Camps, he played with Sid as well. He has 3 helpers in 2 games.

When Pouliot comes back he will play between Jasmin-Reil and Roussin. Crosby will most likely play with Stewart and one of Tobin, Hrdel, Neilson or Vachon. Rimouski only really has 5 top 6 forwards so the 2nd line isnt near as strong as #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->