Advice on new hockey skates

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
HI guys,

About 2 years ago I bought my first pair of skates after not having skated for over 15 years.
I don't play hockey due to a lack of time but I due tend to spend 3-4 hours a week on the ice with my kid and as part of my cardio and leg training, I'm a runner and hockey pundit :)

For the moment I 'm using a pair of Bauer Vapor X60, it is a decent skate for a decent rate.
Now I'm looking for an upgrade and i'm doubting between the CCM tacks serie of Bauer Supreme / Nexus.

What is the difference between the different kind of skates?
Cheers

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
All 3 of the skate lines your debating between are going to be a wider skater, with deeper heel pockets then what you currently have.
Supremes and Tacks do tend to have a similar fit, while the Nexus line is the widest skate on the open market from my experience.
My recommendation is to visit your local hockey shop and try on a bunch of different skates and see what feels best. They will also have some more in depth recommendations after sizing up your feet.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Please read the first 2 pages of my Skate Guide (stickied at the top of the forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad