Adrian Foster Healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I do know how he is playing, I don't know who and what he looks like when he is playing from an opposing teams standpoint. I also like to have others opinions, one persons opinions can only go so far.

devildan

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I do know how he is playing, I don't know who and what he looks like when he is playing from an opposing teams standpoint. I also like to have others opinions, one persons opinions can only go so far.

Fair point, but insane at the same time. Why would you want the opinion of a person that is a fan of a different team, who has only seen him once or twice the whole season, when you have a rats fanatic (who is pretty unbiased - she seems rather unimpressed by him) that gets to see every shift he is on the ice?

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
JasonMacIsaac said:
Its credible because it was true. Most scouts where higher on Foster then Heatley, Foster was considered to be a top 5 pick years before the draft.

So was Charlie Stevens....who really cares where a 14/15 year old is projected to go in a draft three years away.

And I dont think anyone should get banned for offering a differing opinion. Thats ludicrous.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
JasonMacIsaac said:
I would really like to know what your point is?

His point is that Charlie Stephens was a first overall OHL pick and hyped to be a top 5 selection in his NHL entry draft year. Issues surrounded him and he was now just traded away for Dennis Bonvie.

Things change.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
How is it so hard for you people to understand......I DON'T CARE IF FOSTER IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO HEATLEY. I just said it as a timbit not using it to make Foster look like a bluechip or anything. I know he lost alot of development from injuries. Now answer my damn question or don't speak at all. Jeez :)

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
Brock said:
His point is that Charlie Stephens was a first overall OHL pick and hyped to be a top 5 selection in his NHL entry draft year. Issues surrounded him and he was now just traded away for Dennis Bonvie.

Things change.
The same Stephens who scored in his Binghamton debut? Don't denigrate the next Sens superstar. :teach:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Look, I saw Foster play when the Rats played in CAA last Thursday, Foster was one of the players I watched, so I'll give you my personal assesment:

Foster showed great raw skill and it's easy to see why he was drafted high: His skating and stickhandling skills are superb. But his hockey sense is exacly what you'd expect from someone who has played less than 100 hockey games in the last 5 years. There were times when Foster would be zig zagging into the offensive zone and would literally seem to not know what to do with the puck. In truth, he did not create many great scoring chances with his playmaking, and did not seem all that dangerous most of the time.

Still, there's a lot to like about the kid. Like I said, he has skills that can't be taught. The fact that he has 13 points in 13 games points directly to those skills.

He is also a hard worker, and does not shy away from contact. I watched him without the puck a few times and was very impressed with the way he drove the net, got himself into scoring position. and gave 100% effort. This is clearly a kid with tenacity and a strong desire to get to the NHL. If you want to follow him, you're going to have to be patient, he's not the kind of prospect that can be called up at any time and break out in the NHL. If that's what you want to see, root for Suglabov or Parise. Foster will take time, maybe as much as 2-3 more years... but I honestly believe he will be worth it.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Voodoo Daddy said:
The same Stephens who scored in his Binghamton debut? Don't denigrate the next Sens superstar. :teach:

:p

Hey Hey, actually I really really like Stephens. And I think Pierre Lacroix was smoking some good cheeba when he made that call with Muckler.

Stephens is a guy and was the same in the OHL, that was always so highly inconsistent. When the kid was on, he was on and when the kid was off, he was really off. But the thing that was always interesting was that he'd generally get up for big games. Like he'd play hard and play to his capabilities and flat out dominate in imporant games, but then just not even get up for games that didnt mean as much. He showed a similar pattern in the AHL last year.

I think he can be a very good third line, physical, scoring center down the line.

But thats for another thread...

Regarding Foster, to be honest I haven't really seen him play, well because he's always injured.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Blackjack said:
Look, I saw Foster play when the Rats played in CAA last Thursday, Foster was one of the players I watched, so I'll give you my personal assesment:

Thanks for the insight! Good to hear Foster's kept relatively healthy this season.

I'm curious to see how quickly he develops his game, assuming he remains healthy. And if he develops at a good pace, whether the Devils will want to bring him up given New Jersey's lack of offensive players down the middle.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think if there is NHL next year he and Parise will be in one hell of a fight for a spot on the team. There will be Gomez, Madden, Rasmussen, Parise, Foster

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Suglobov will make the team on top 2 lines as a RW

Langenrunner, Suglobov, Gionta, Berglund

Referering to Voodoo's ghost post lol
If Suglobov produces than RW won't be such a problem next year. This year its a definate weak point. No threats besides Langenbrunner.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Suglobov will make the team on top 2 lines as a RW

Langenrunner, Suglobov, Gionta, Berglund

Referering to Voodoo's ghost post lol

The Devils were ballsy enough to play Hale and Martin this year. If both Foster and Parise prove in camp that they belong, I could see NJ going with Gomez, Parise, Foster, and Madden. We might have the smallest set of centers in NHL history, but they're all great skaters. Seriously, I would be little surprised if Foster was ready by next season. He is really raw. I still think he will make a good nhler, and could even make a great nhler, but he needs time.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post :p

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Blackjack said:
The Devils were ballsy enough to play Hale and Martin this year. If both Foster and Parise prove in camp that they belong, I could see NJ going with Gomez, Parise, Foster, and Madden. We might have the smallest set of centers in NHL history, but they're all great skaters. Seriously, I would be little surprised if Foster was ready by next season. He is really raw. I still think he will make a good nhler, and could even make a great nhler, but he needs time.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post :p
I hope NJ keeps Rasmussen as a 4th line center, he would be better for the job then Foster or Parise. If Suglobov adds some muscle to his frame I don't see anyone stoping him for 2nd line rw next year.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I hope NJ keeps Rasmussen as a 4th line center, he would be better for the job then Foster or Parise. If Suglobov adds some muscle to his frame I don't see anyone stoping him for 2nd line rw next year.
Or just lack of competition. I have no problems if Foster is on the 4th line next year, but I haven't seen him play much and as Blackjack said earlier, he probably isn't ready.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
JasonMacIsaac said:
How is it so hard for you people to understand......I DON'T CARE IF FOSTER IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO HEATLEY. I just said it as a timbit not using it to make Foster look like a bluechip or anything. I know he lost alot of development from injuries. Now answer my damn question or don't speak at all. Jeez :)

You opened it up. If you dont like it them think before you write. And if you dont want people responding to that, edit your post and take it out.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Honestly I don't see what the problem is. MacIsaac said it as a bit of an editorial, and it was true maybe 7 years ago. Obviously things change and obviously we know who is better now and has more long term potential now. Just stick to the question and forget the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad