ADR Attacked By Fan At Houseshow

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from nytimes.com:

This didn’t look like part of the script.

WWE’s Alberto Del Rio was attacked by a fan during an independent event in Puerto Rico over the weekend. Video showed a fan pummeling Del Rio when he slipped out of the ring during a World Wrestling Council match against Ray Gonzalez.

According to Bleacher Report, Del Rio returned to WWE in October, but still had a commitment for the event.

Del Rio and Gonzalez finished the match after security intervened.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Gonzalez did a great job there, imo.

...but man. I legit don't care about ADR. He's the worst thing associated with wrestling.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They were on about this on Meltzer's show the other day. Apparently it was a really good feud they'd been having there, massive heat for Del Rio. Basically the reverse of WWE Del Rio who no one cares about.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
PR is always a hot crowd, and they hate Mexicans, especially ones with the kind of arrogance ADR exudes.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
From a money stance, I get why he came back to WWE, but man he does so much better outside of it.

He's the single most boring wrestler that has gotten any semblance of a push over the last decade.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, as an outsider to americaland I really don't get Del Rio.

I know that Mexico and Mexicans are *something*, but I've no idea what. I'm so far detached from them, by the fact I live in England, that they mean nothing to me. So a character who's gimmick is "guy from Mexico", is totally meaningless to me.

But that happens a lot in the WWE. They're so painfully american that it's a joke when they claim to be an international company at times.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
ADR was sooo good from his debut until he lost to Edge at WM. Since then he's been boring and no one cares about him.

And I don't think anyone really wants to care about him again either.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
ADR was sooo good from his debut until he lost to Edge at WM. Since then he's been boring and no one cares about him.

And I don't think anyone really wants to care about him again either.

He had a good face run but they cut it short for Dolph.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
He had a good face run but they cut it short for Dolph.

What? He had a terrible face run that started by turning face against 3MB and getting out popped by his ring announcer.

Ziggler was turned face because they couldn't ignore the crowd any longer after the Ziggler cash in.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What? He had a terrible face run that started by turning face against 3MB and getting out popped by his ring announcer.

Ziggler was turned face because they couldn't ignore the crowd any longer after the Ziggler cash in.

His feud against the Big Show when ADR was face was good stuff and he was getting good reactions. It wasn't anything beyond midcard level but it was better reactions than what you see out of guys like Ryback and Ziggler these days. The Swagger/Del Rio World title feud going into Mania 29 had potential if they didn't nerf Zeb from the outset but ADR's feud with Big Show was getting him momentum as a babyface.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00