Adjusting to new skates

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
I have read that they can be baked but make sure you take the wheels off first. Also if they are pumps, make sure they ARE NOT inflated when you bake them. I'm sure the folks at the store will help.

The other thing I have read where a error can happen, when you put them on (when they are hot) do not move around for about 15-20 minutes. Some folks have been told to get up and walk around when the skates are cooling.

Good luck

:thumbu: Thanks for the input.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
I have read that they can be baked but make sure you take the wheels off first. Also if they are pumps, make sure they ARE NOT inflated when you bake them. I'm sure the folks at the store will help.

The other thing I have read where a error can happen, when you put them on (when they are hot) do not move around for about 15-20 minutes. Some folks have been told to get up and walk around when the skates are cooling.

Good luck

Well that blows,because I'm currently in the process of breaking in new skates and had them baked. The guy had me sit for a few minutes and then told me to walk around. He said after a few skates to have them rebaked one more time? Does this guy know what he is talking about?

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Well that blows,because I'm currently in the process of breaking in new skates and had them baked. The guy had me sit for a few minutes and then told me to walk around. He said after a few skates to have them rebaked one more time? Does this guy know what he is talking about?

Yeah, you dont want to walk around as the materials sitll might be warm meaning you can still bend them. Then you wind up with crooked skates or something. You can bake them again, but certainly no need to. And there's only so many times you can bake it. So if it's fine, leave it.

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass

I did the same thing last week when I bought mine. I'd imagine it's okay if you waited 10-15 minutes.

speedway

Oct 6, 2006
I don't want to alarm you,but my son wears a 13 shoe and an 11 Graf or CCM.One foot is slghtly larger but he accomadates the smaller foot.It could also be that a Bauer is not the skate for you.I never understand how people can switch back and forth between Bauer and CCM.I guess if you have kind of a "neutral" foot and can wear many shoe styles....

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
I don't want to alarm you,but my son wears a 13 shoe and an 11 Graf or CCM.One foot is slghtly larger but he accomadates the smaller foot.It could also be that a Bauer is not the skate for you.I never understand how people can switch back and forth between Bauer and CCM.I guess if you have kind of a "neutral" foot and can wear many shoe styles....

I actually tried on a pair of CCM Vector 6.0's the other day, and I wore an 11 in those. I think the 11.5 in the Vapor10's is a good fit, even though my left toe doesn't touch the end the right toe does, I think any smaller I might be too cramped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad