Adidas skates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I was looking in one of my hockey cofee table books and I noticed Boris Mikhailov was wearing a pair of skates with three distinct diagonal white lines on them just like Adidas has on their shoes.

I'm pretty sure the book is A Pictoral History of Hockey, and it's the picture of Boris holding the 1979 Challenge Cup. Did Adidas make skates?

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I just tried to Google the pic, but apparently there's a Boris Mikhailov who loves taking pictures of people going to the bathroom.....Creepy.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
MeffyuhTJRest said:
I was looking in one of my hockey cofee table books and I noticed Boris Mikhailov was wearing a pair of skates with three distinct diagonal white lines on them just like Adidas has on their shoes.

I'm pretty sure the book is A Pictoral History of Hockey, and it's the picture of Boris holding the 1979 Challenge Cup. Did Adidas make skates?

Yes, a lot of the European players of the 1970's-early 80's wore adidas skates. If you watch the video of the 1980 USA Olyimpic game, you will see many of their players in those skates. Kind of like Graf skates became the big thing in Euro in the 1990's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad