Proposal: Adding a 1st

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Concerning Spurgeon and a handshake deal around expansion time, remember Spurgeon has the same agents as Zucker who were apparently very pissed when they found out Zucker was set to be traded without even talking to them. I would imagine Zucker is strongly opposed to being moved so if he ends up gone without at least getting consulted I think Fenton burned the bridge to Spurgeon's agents doing him any favors.
Brodin's the one that would be UFA that summer (2020-21). Spurgeon's a UFA next summer.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Concerning Spurgeon and a handshake deal around expansion time, remember Spurgeon has the same agents as Zucker who were apparently very pissed when they found out Zucker was set to be traded without even talking to them. I would imagine Zucker is strongly opposed to being moved so if he ends up gone without at least getting consulted I think Fenton burned the bridge to Spurgeon's agents doing him any favors.
I wouldn’t look too much into Fenton pissing off spurgeons agents. If spurgeon wants to resign here, he will. His agents aren’t going to tell him he can’t sign here because they’re butthurt

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The agents represent the player, not themselves. If Spurgeon wants to stay and wants to work with the Wild to help the team at the expansion draft, he will give that mandate to his agents.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Trade Zucker, and you lose the one guy on the team that can bring fans out of their seats.

I know he underwhelmed this year, but so did pretty much everybody else except Dumba, Spurgeon, and Parise.

I'd prefer keeping Zucker around. This would be an even duller team to watch without him.
Fiala brings me out of my seat, but usually not for the right reasons.

Zucker wasn't awful this year, but he sure wasn't good. He has got to finish better. If he was "pissed" about being traded, then maybe he should play better.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Uggh I keep forgetting the league pushed expansion a season so they could still lockout the players.

Glad I'm not the only one that was thrown off. I could've swore that 2020 expansion was practically a sure thing, but I guess I looked over their 2021 announcement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad