Proposal: Add a Center to the lineup

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd definitely move Sikura. Reinhart on a real team would do wonders.
Fair enough, it would probably take a bit more than Sikura, some draft picks on top. I'm not as convinced on Reinhart as maybe you are, but it would be something to think about. I think Sikura can at least be what Reinhart is now, that's why I am skeptical of it. You would have to give Reinhart a defcent contract, where as Sikura would be on an ELC for a couple years.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
My concern with Sikura is that we don't have a spot for him right now. I am a big grow from within guy as everyone knows but Reinhart intrigues me. I am not saying I am 100% for moving Sikura but he is not untouchable yet. A lot depends on if he is actually going to sign with us.
I think we absolutely have a spot for Sikura right now, 3rd line. Take out Hino, or Sharp and move them to the 4th for Bouma, or out of the lineup altogether. I would do that trade off in a heart beat.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Stan has been calling Sikura's signing later this year a 'deadline acquisition' since camp... they're not trading him or his rights until they know he's not signing, or they see what he can do in the NHL.

The problem is between Hartman, Hayden, Bouma, Wingels, Hino and Sharp, you've basically got six 4th line guys (or 3rd/4th tweeners in some cases) on 2 separate lines, one of which barely plays and only against scrub competition, and the other of which has no identity.

Typically the 3rd line has been Q's bum slayer line, but the 4th line is getting all the bums and the current 3rd line can't handle bums+.

I actually liked @Hawkaholic's idea in the around the league thread. Bring in Pageau, let him try playing the Kruger role as the checking center with any combination of Hino, Hartman, etc. Move Sharp to the 4th line with Wingels and Hayden, and let them be the bum slayers.

Reactions: migi

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I still think Hartman can find his game and be a solid 3rd liner.

I think Hartman is better than he's playing, which is why I'd be ok with him on the line with Pageau handling tougher competition. Not that different than Shaw being on Kruger's wing in 2015.

Reactions: Blue Liner and migi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad