Proposal: Add a Center to the lineup

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I actually like the Team and think they will get more consitent. It's just the lack of a #3 Center that this Forward Group Needs to fix. DeBrincat and Schmaltz Play as Wing and it never hurts to have more Cs.

The guy I have in mind would be Ryan Dzingel. Sens will start trading soon enough, guy can help with depth scoring.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The guy depends on what the hell identity you're going for with that line.

Top line is in theory a two way hammer.
Second is GOALS
Fourth is size and effort.

The third? It's currently the island of misfit toys.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Dzingel has played C before and if Q would mix the lines he can Play Wing. He is what we already have and I think would work well here.

The third line is like a black hole most of the time and I don't think Hinostroza can fix this. He hasn't looked bad, but it's a difference when you can add a more proven Player. I have others in mind too, but they won't be available.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Not sure how much cap space Hawks are going to get in TDL but given the incoming cap raise, I personally would go after Brassard if management decides to contend and want to go after C.

But if I could decide, we would be some kind of sellers. Obviously only if we are still out of the playoff picture.

Reactions: LDF

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Top 9 Center is what we should be looking for. A guy with offensiv skills to help out the depth scoring.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not sure how much cap space Hawks are going to get in TDL but given the incoming cap raise, I personally would go after Brassard if management decides to contend and want to go after C.

But if I could decide, we would be some kind of sellers. Obviously only if we are still out of the playoff picture.
ref the bold, this is the main problem esp, i hate to bring this up, it is like my broken record, but it needs to be said. as i said, it makes getting any good help in trades, b/c of long term contracts that were signed.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Still need to see where we are at closer to the deadline before adding anything. Hossa’s salary goes back on our cap hit in the summer, not sure we should acquire any rentals to improve this bunch for the remainder season and lose young assets or picks in the process. I would only go for it at the deadline if this team looks to be a piece or two away from a cup run. Not seeing that potential with this group right now.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Still need to see where we are at closer to the deadline before adding anything. Hossa’s salary goes back on our cap hit in the summer, not sure we should acquire any rentals to improve this bunch for the remainder season and lose young assets or picks in the process. I would only go for it at the deadline if this team looks to be a piece or two away from a cup run. Not seeing that potential with this group right now.
you make a valid point, but i am thinking if the FO thinks that they may be a key positional player short.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
you make a valid point, but i am thinking if the FO thinks that they may be a key positional player short.
The only thing that makes this team a contender is if this aging core can dip into the fountain of youth and play at a high level again. I am not seeing it at the moment and if they don’t play at a much higher level there is not one or two players the Hawks would be able to acquire to make them a contender. I suppose things can change but if the Hawks dont catch fire and the team looks completely different in the next 6 weeks there is no point in wasting the young assets or draft picks necessary to bring in anybody.

Reactions: LordKOTL

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The only thing that makes this team a contender is if this aging core can dip into the fountain of youth and play at a high level again. I am not seeing it at the moment and if they don’t play at a much higher level there is not one or two players the Hawks would be able to acquire to make them a contender. I suppose things can change but if the Hawks dont catch fire and the team looks completely different in the next 6 weeks there is no point in wasting the young assets or draft picks necessary to bring in anybody.
ahhh this is x-mas so for the holidays i have been describe as being an internal optimist, that illness extends till the first week of Jan. then i get back to being me.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My random thoughts?

Zack Smith if you're looking for a pricy 3C that brings lots of tools but fits a checking line
Sam Reinhart if we're really going young. With Hartman and Panik I think you've got a great third scoring line.
Jordan Martinook is a youngish center I wouldn't mind adding to the fold.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
My random thoughts?

Zack Smith if you're looking for a pricy 3C that brings lots of tools but fits a checking line
Sam Reinhart if we're really going young. With Hartman and Panik I think you've got a great third scoring line.
Jordan Martinook is a youngish center I wouldn't mind adding to the fold.
I don't see the Hawks adding reinhart without giving up a better piece than Hartman or Panik. It would take a 1st, or Sikura probably.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I would move Sikura for this.
I'm surprised by that. Sikura looked better than Debrincat did at the prospect camp, so that intrigues me. Reinhart hasn't done much to think he will be any more than a OK 2nd liner or good 3rd liner. Seems like a sideways move at best, and a big step back at worst.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Long time no talk guys.

I know this is way off base, but why not just go all in and get Stone? He's young, really good, and upcoming FA. With EK likely gone soon, it's worth a look see.

It would at least be a tad different than what they've done in year's past with going after an older veteran. He would certainly be pricey in FA.

What would a deal for him look like?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm surprised by that. Sikura looked better than Debrincat did at the prospect camp, so that intrigues me. Reinhart hasn't done much to think he will be any more than a OK 2nd liner or good 3rd liner. Seems like a sideways move at best, and a big step back at worst.

My concern with Sikura is that we don't have a spot for him right now. I am a big grow from within guy as everyone knows but Reinhart intrigues me. I am not saying I am 100% for moving Sikura but he is not untouchable yet. A lot depends on if he is actually going to sign with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->