Adam Perry.....

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by petrklima85, Mar 31, 2007.

1. petrklima85

petrklima85 Registered User

Whats the deal with him, will he be drafted THIS spring. He's had good numbers for 2 years in a row with London and some teams may like his pedigree. Will he be passed over a second year and become a UFA or will someone use a 5th or 6th rounder on him ?

2. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Global Moderator

Awards:
    my guess is NO. its the third time he is eligible, when thats the case you have to dominate pretty good to get drafted or play a big role on in one of the top leagues in europe.

3. trahans99

trahans99 Registered User

Accountant
    I don't know if he'll get drafted, but he'll sign as a UFA after his over age season next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Anaheim signs him and he plays in the AHL as he was invited to a summer camp there and his brother Corey is on the team.

4. OHLArenaGuide

OHLArenaGuide it's dot com

Arena Guy
    Home Page:
    Adam plays a Dave Andreychuk style of game, he's most dangerous within six feet of the crease. Problem is he's not nearly big or strong enough to play that role in the NHL. I can't ever see him making it.

5. Rise from the Ashes

Rise from the Ashes Price defies corsi

ouch

6. Blind Gardien

Blind Gardien nexus of the crisis

Space Goat
    That's a good description, IMO. While a guy like Perry clearly has some guts/tenacity and will go into the crease, it's like in London all of his tenacity gets focused purely into the task of being a complementary offensive player to the big guns there. If you could have harnessed some of that into making him a more complete player along all 200 feet of the rink length, maybe he'd have a better chance as a pro. On the otherhand, maybe if he had done that, he wouldn't have had the stats to get noticed either. I agree that he'll probably get signed, but I'd be surprised if he gets drafted.

7. FTowwn

FTowwn Registered User

dont say ouch, thats the truth. Most of his goals are garbage goals, or has a gaping empty net to shoot at from a beautiful backdoor pass from Kane Gagner or Kostisyn. All his goals come this way, as well he is kind of a *****, he cant stand up for himself, very weak and undersized, as well as ugly lol. But there is NO way he makes the NHL