Prospect Info: Adam Mascherin (2016, #38 overall, UP: Re-enters draft), Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I guess that's where the "refused" part comes in. So all players who re-entered the draft (mostly CHL guys, maybe a couple Euro prospects with the old only 2 years NHL rights pre 2013 CBA) and got drafted again, or NCAA prospects who took the loophole to UFA.
I no read gud

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Jets fan here. Would there be any interest in a swap for Nic Petan?

We just can't get Nic into the lineup to many guys ahead of him Ehlers, Connor, Laine, Wheeler. And he doesn't do so well in a checking role. Good skater, great vision, passing and stickhandling ability. Would do really well with a shooter type like Tippet.

Mascherin kind of gives us a Petan like player that we can have on an ELC playing in the AHL and possibly stepping in further down the line when we would be in need of such a player as Vets get shipped out.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Jets fan here. Would there be any interest in a swap for Nic Petan?

We just can't get Nic into the lineup to many guys ahead of him Ehlers, Connor, Laine, Wheeler. And he doesn't do so well in a checking role. Good skater, great vision, passing and stickhandling ability. Would do really well with a shooter type like Tippet.

Mascherin kind of gives us a Petan like player that we can have on an ELC playing in the AHL and possibly stepping in further down the line when we would be in need of such a player as Vets get shipped out.

Don’t know enough about Petan, but it’s better than nothing.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Don’t know enough about Petan, but it’s better than nothing.

Very east-west type skater. Really good stickhandler, pass first type, top notch vision. PPG in the AHL this year as a center but likely to be a LW at the NHL level. Though you never know. Ready to turn pro but because he isn't waiver exempt and is up against some stiff competition he is likely stuck in the press box until injuries strike. I'm not sure if you guys could give him a better opportunity to play but if you can then it could be a solid match. Could see him really breaking out if he can get into a teams top 9 for any period of time, especially if he is paired with a shooter.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Very east-west type skater. Really good stickhandler, pass first type, top notch vision. PPG in the AHL this year as a center but likely to be a LW at the NHL level. Though you never know. Ready to turn pro but because he isn't waiver exempt and is up against some stiff competition he is likely stuck in the press box until injuries strike. I'm not sure if you guys could give him a better opportunity to play but if you can then it could be a solid match. Could see him really breaking out if he can get into a teams top 9 for any period of time, especially if he is paired with a shooter.

I’m guessing the Jets would be open to trading him because they’re so stacked at forward?

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
What do you think the odds are of him actually being dealt before what tomorrow? That's the deadline right?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I wouldn't touch this guy on day 1 or 2. A complete prima dona that's proven only that he's a pylon on training wheels that has an NHL shot. I hope this little escapade costs him $30K X 3 in signing bonus money. :)

They said they offered him the same contract as DeBrincat. There was $350K in performance bonus money on that deal in 3 years but that shows you how nutz this guy really is if he thinks he will get that kind of performance bonus money with a team drafting him in the 3rd round or later. He has no leverage at all unless he wants to go overseas and learn a new language. Now watch some dumb shit like Chiarelli draft him in the 3rd and pay him more.

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I wouldn't touch this guy on day 1 or 2. A complete prima dona that's proven only that he's a pylon on training wheels that has an NHL shot. I hope this little escapade costs him $30K X 3 in signing bonus money. :)

They said they offered him the same contract as DeBrincat. There was $350K in performance bonus money on that deal in 3 years but that shows you how nutz this guy really is if he thinks he will get that kind of performance bonus money with a team drafting him in the 3rd round or later. He has no leverage at all unless he wants to go overseas and learn a new language. Now watch some dumb **** like Chiarelli draft him in the 3rd and pay him more.
agree

Reactions: Optimus Reim

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I just can't believe we couldn't trade him for anything. couldn't get a 6th or something? come on tallon its so Pejorative Slured to lose him for nothing. but I guess he was a computer boy pick so it doesn't matter right?

Last edited:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I just can't believe we couldn't trade him for anything. couldn't get a 6th or something? come on tallon its so ******ed to lose him for nothing.
We have zero leverage. I'm as down on Tallon as anyone, but he can't trade an asset that has no value. Mascherin has to be willing to sign with a team for him to be traded. Nobody is going to throw pick at the Panthers just for the hell of it.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
We have zero leverage. I'm as down on Tallon as anyone, but he can't trade an asset that has no value. Mascherin has to be willing to sign with a team for him to be traded. Nobody is going to throw pick at the Panthers just for the hell of it.
that may be true and it may not be. its just sad that we don't have a GM we can trust enough to be able to say "oh well, he probably did all that could be done there."

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
If you are a GM, why would you trade a draft pick for Adam Mascherin when you don't know he will sign with you in 1 or 2 days ?

Instead you could just use the draft pick to take him and get 2 years to negotiate a contract.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If you are a GM, why would you trade a draft pick for Adam Mascherin when you don't know he will sign with you in 1 or 2 days ?

Instead you could just use the draft pick to take him and get 2 years to negotiate a contract.
Or the other way around, if teams are only offering late picks (5th-7th round) or meh prospect(s), may as well let one of those teams use a 3rd or 4th rounder (that's around where I'm expecting him to go) on him.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

any team interested in trading for him will have already used back channels to ask his agent if he will sign with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad