Player Discussion Adam Larsson

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I mean it would be SUPER funny, if Seattle took him, then he signed in Edmonton afterward
How does that work, can they take him even though he is pending UFA?
I don't know very much at all about the expansion draft rules, but I just assumed that they could only take players who have contracts over the next year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I mean it would be SUPER funny, if Seattle took him, then he signed in Edmonton afterward
I believe how it goes with impending UFAs is that Seattle gets to negotiate an extension before selecting them. There is a window where they can talk.

I would wonder the opposite problem to what you are talking about: that Seattle could use the window as legal tampering. Seattle talks to the UFA, expresses interest, and then pick someone else, scooping the UFA at the normal free agency date.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I would even take Samourkov or Broberg as his LD next season. The man can shelter rookies and mentor them on bottom pairing .
I wouldn't be surprised if Samorukov takes the 2LD spot if Klefbom isn't available and a trade for an LD isn't made

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Samorukov takes the 2LD spot if Klefbom isn't available and a trade for an LD isn't made
McD would be so happy if we throw in a rookie at top 4 while carrying the likes of Bear, Bouch and Russell on the squad <insert gif of McD head shake after Bear give away goal>

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
McD would be so happy if we throw in a rookie at top 4 while carrying the likes of Bear, Bouch and Russell on the squad <insert gif of McD head shake after Bear give away goal>

I'll be honest; I think a lot of us will want Broberg after he impresses at training camp, paired with Larsson. I think the hesitation that we'll feel is because we know the likelihood is high in that management is worried about limiting some aspect of his game by throwing him up too high in the lineup.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Klefbom isnt returning then adding a top 4LD should be our top priority. Russell, Lagesson, Jones, Broberg, Samourkov should not be anywhere close to top 4

Reactions: snipes

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

If this team loses Barrie and runs with a right d lineup of Bear, Bouchard, and Larsson (with a combined 153 regular season game experience between the former two), I don't see anyway the Oilers throw another rookie into top four pairing minutes. We saw the immense challenge of on boarding young d into the game's most difficult position with Jones who many projected into the 2LD position last year and Bear who took a step back after a breakthrough freshman season.

Personally, I don't think a RD corp of Bear, Bouchard and Larsson is experienced/good enough in the short-term (1-2 years) to move the needle on a team looking to move beyond playoff entry level fodder. NHL experience is so important at the defense position. If Klefbom can't play, the Oil need to find a quality 2LD especially if they want to roll with such inexperience at RD.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
If this team loses Barrie and runs with a right d lineup of Bear, Bouchard, and Larsson (with a combined 153 regular season game experience between the former two), I don't see anyway the Oilers throw another rookie into top four pairing minutes.

I have a feeling we'll be giving up one of those guys for Seth Jones.

Holland doesn't like overly young rosters, especially on defense.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I have a feeling we'll be giving up one of those guys for Seth Jones.

Holland doesn't like overly young rosters, especially on defense.

I'd love to see that happen. I'm skeptical Jones might want to play in Edmonton but moreso believe there will be better offers out there from teams like LA, Anaheim, Philly. The Oilers are finally building up some organizational depth. Would take a big hit to acquire a top d like Jones versus 'just' the cash involved for a UFA like Hamilton. But build a strong, deep and experienced d-corp would be significant to improving this team's ability to move beyond entry level playoff results imo.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad