Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
didn't realize he was turning 25 this spring, so will be Group 6 UFA, not RFA

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They need to bring in another couple goalies. Huska may be gone. Wall will likely be gone. Kinkaid may be gone. Georgiev is gone.

They have Shesterkin and Garand. They can sign Boyko. Obviously you're short an NHL backup and a good veteran for Hartford. I'd keep Kinkaid if he's okay playing most of all of the year in the AHL. If not, you need to find someone else. Sign a UDFA and an NHL backup and you're okay.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
They need to bring in another couple goalies. Huska may be gone. Wall will likely be gone. Kinkaid may be gone. Georgiev is gone.

They have Shesterkin and Garand. They can sign Boyko. Obviously you're short an NHL backup and a good veteran for Hartford. I'd keep Kinkaid if he's okay playing most of all of the year in the AHL. If not, you need to find someone else. Sign a UDFA and an NHL backup and you're okay.

Garand will have to play next year. Best not to have him in a back up role playing 20/25 games. He should be in Hartford at least most of next year and playing as many games as we can give him.

Should be kept in mind also that whoever is the backup next year is not Igor. Expecting the new backup to be that good is setting yourself up for disappointment. It’s going to be a step down pretty much every time we play the backup. It‘s that way now and it’s likely going to be that way for the foreseeable future.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Someone might want to put a date on that title. Drew me in to see what was afoot in Rangerland just based on the title alone.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015

Amazing how far Wall has fallen. Hopes for Garand are tentative from me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad