Player Discussion Adam Fox

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
"We couldve waited and signed him!" was among the more obviously dumb rebuild takes out there
mehhhhhhhhh I can't blame that train of thought at the time. only with the benefit of hindsight did it really make sense why NYR wanted him on NHL ice as soon as possible. Literally nobody called Fox being as good as he is, even half. Except Scott Wheeler lmao

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
mehhhhhhhhh I can't blame that train of thought at the time. only with the benefit of hindsight did it really make sense why NYR wanted him on NHL ice as soon as possible. Literally nobody called Fox being as good as he is, even half. Except Scott Wheeler lmao
Well obviously the Rangers thought he could play at a high level right away and guess what, they were right. The armchair GMs here were wrong. Shocker.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
By armchair GMs, you mean everybody lol. I highly doubt that anybody on this board or even in the organization expected him to hit the ground running like he did.

They traded for him and signed him immediately, then he broke camp with the team. The Rangers and Gorton(credit to him) clearly were aware he could and would step right into the NHL.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
They traded for him and signed him immediately, then he broke camp with the team. The Rangers and Gorton(credit to him) clearly were aware he could and would step right into the NHL.

As we all expected, yes. But not to immediately put himself in the conversation as one of the best defensemen in the league.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
By armchair GMs, you mean everybody lol. I highly doubt that anybody on this board or even in the organization expected him to hit the ground running like he did.
I mean by thinking that 2 second rounders was an overpay for a guy who was highly touted. Nobody expected him to be a Norris trophy winning Dman so soon but he was supposed to be good.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
There were people on this board who I believe even during his Norris year held that belief. Maybe it was just the one person, but yeah.

The Rangers trajectory benefited from him getting here when he did. Trouba and Tony D took on the shit while he learned the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad